Req ID: 4821
Employment Status: AF – Active – Regular – Full Time
CHOP is looking for a Technical Supervisor for the Enterprise Analytics team!
Join a world renowned pediatric healthcare organization recently recognized in Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers. The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Enterprise Analytics team is responsible for the build and support of enterprise data warehousing, dashboarding, reporting, and advanced visualization. Our team is focused on delivering and supporting the data needs of the enterprise, including financial reporting and analytics, improving patient quality, advancing clinical reporting, analytics and research.
This position will function as a primary point of contact with regards to information technology within the Operational Analytics and Reporting domain. This individual will be responsible supporting the CHOP data warehouse, data integration processes and a broad range of technology infrastructure and applications related to delivering data services. This individual will be required to provide technical counsel and guidance to other team members, consultants, IS Staff, and end-users. This individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate project and process documentation. Additionally, the Supervisor will oversee a team of technologist supporting the ETL, Databases, Data Delivery applications and Hardware architecture within Operations.
We are looking for a teammate with an eager personality willing to expand our boundaries, provide new insights into future opportunities, build outside the box solutions, and have a willingness to find and deliver new and unique solutions. Ideally, you will have a strong desire to be on the forefront of advanced medicine and play a part in progressing the personalized approach to medicine. Interest in advanced data warehousing and reporting tools/techniques is welcomed, such as IBM Pure Data for Analytics (Netezza), IBM BigInsights (Hadoop), and QlikView.
In this role, you will be focused on the operational support of the Analytics and Reporting team with an opportunity to supervise a team of technologists. As part of this team you will be responsible for managing and supporting high performance, highly available and mission critical database and data delivery platforms. Additionally, you will have exposure to high impact, high visibility projects in our data driven organization. You will be given the opportunity to work hand in hand with key decision makers, as well as with small teams within your own department. We offer a strong potential for growth and career advancement, and to make a major impact in the way we use data to provide a higher standard of care to our patients.
If you have experience with database administration, data integration and technology infrastructure with a desire to supervise a team of technologists, then apply today for an opportunity to join our seasoned and rapidly growing team.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
IT Advanced Certifications (3 as it relates to the specific job function)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in computer related field required or commensurate experience.
- 8+ years of Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Information Security Requirements
- Understand and comply with all enterprise and IS departmental information security policies, procedures and standards.
- Support the integration of information security in the development, design, and implementation of Hospital Technology Resources that process, transmit, or store CHOP information.
- Support all compliance activities related to state, federal regulatory requirements, healthcare accreditation standards, and all other applicable regulations that govern the use and disclosure of patient, financial, or other confidential information.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Maters degree preferred
Additional Technical Requirements
- Must be available via cell phone 24/7 and be able to work flexible hours (such as evenings and weekends) to accommodate Hospital needs.
- Experience in the development or implementation of structured operational processes, conformance with SLAs, and metrics based reporting.
- Advanced knowledge in Change Control Mgt. processes
- Experience with process documentation and communication tools including MS Word, Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pediatric, Database, Information Security, DBA, Healthcare, Technology, Research