Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Administers network security program including event detection, post mortem analysis and recommending process improvements. Analyzes network traffic logs and escalated work orders. Maintains hardware, software and network firewalls and encryption protocols. Assists in developing companywide security training materials. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of testing tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security event detection and incident response.
• Recommends and implements hardware, OS, and security application updates.
• Performs post mortem analysis on logs, traffic flows, and other activities to identify malicious activity.
• Analyzes and reviews escalated cases until closure; this includes investigating and recommending appropriate corrective actions for data security incidents; and communicating with the implementation staff responsible or taking corrective actions.
• Assists in the design and development of training materials and general documentation for non-technical business community.
• Ensures all security solutions and designs meet local and federal compliance requirements such as SOX, ISO 27001, and PCI DSS and coordinates with the Internal/External Auditors and Information Technology teams to successfully complete periodic audits.
• Participates in an on-call rotation and performs after hours work as required
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus a minimum of two years experience in Information Security in a technical capacity. SANS certification in one or more areas: GCIH, GSEC, etc. Thorough understanding of, and experience with, TCP/IP. Experience with the implementation and maintenance of SIEM and FIM solutions. Knowledge of system-level attacks and mitigation methods with a core competency in Windows or Linux. Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management, staff, and business units. Ability to create and modify processes and procedures. Experience working in a 24×7 enterprise environment. Able to efficiently manage multiple simultaneous projects.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.