As the Information Security Analyst, you will participate in the identification of data sources, analytic capabilities and reporting tools. You will investigate and quantify long running trends in the enterprise environment; implement and maintain analytic methods and techniques; develop and maintain consistent repeatable methodologies for detecting complex phenomenon; and assist in all development, data gathering and data analysis tasks. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better
- Perform hunting in available data sources to identify patterns of misuse, and recommend areas for coverage and data feed improvements.
- Analyze sensitive authentication activities and privilege combinations that could lead to abuse; monitor privileged access activity for possible abuse; monitor suspicious and/or inappropriate web activity; assess data leakage vulnerabilities; and establish baseline usage information and trends.
- Create and review reports on event anomalies.
- Investigate and respond to security events.
- Perform historical analysis of defined security devices and logs to look for threat trends (past 7 days, past 30 days, past 90 days).
- Evaluate the quality of provided data sources and recommending improvements to the sensing capabilities and coverage.
- Perform triage activities on potential threats discovered during historical analysis.
- Appropriately apply proprietary and public threat intelligence to enhance the analytic model(s) and security of the enterprise.
- Perform root cause analysis on security incidents and provide recommendations for containment and remediation.
- Execute on the strategy of the data security analytics program.
- Assist in delivering timely and accurate reporting to executives.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Strong demonstrated ability to take vulnerabilities and articulate the actual business risk along with good reporting writing and client presentation skills.
- Curiosity about new technology and the possibilities it creates.
- Strong verbal, analytical, and written communication skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.