Primary focus is on developing tools and web applications to support network security operations and engineering, while ensuring IS compliance and enterprise standards are met.
The successful individual will be developing new tools, maintaining and uplifting existing internal applications for the Network Security Management team. This position will also be responsible for the development of enterprise accessible applications that will enable users to self-service Network Security requests and create interfaces between end users and Network Security engineers to further enhance the team’s effectiveness and alignment with operational best practices.
Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Responsible for developing web applications that follow amex reference architecture and best practices
- Understand and implement and agile application development
- Works individually and with teams on both structured and unstructured assignments.
- Understanding of XML, JSON, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming is a plus
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus
- Experience with Information Security is a plus
- Requires 5+ years experience in network security operations.
- Must have experience with API development.
- Must have experience with IT risk management, process improvement and project management.
- Must have experience working with internal and external auditors, and regulatory examiners.
- Requires highly developed communication skills.
- Requires excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Requires demonstrated ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- Typically holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration (or equivalent work experience).
- Typically has extensive IT and business/industry work experience, with proven experience in a leadership role and project management role.
- Professional certifications preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.