Join the 2,000+ professionals who are bringing strategic vision to state government as part of Minnesota’s consolidated information technology agency. Work for Minnesota IT Services and be part of a cutting-edge organization that is emerging as a national leader in government IT.
This Information Security Analyst position is located within Minnesota IT Services based at the Department of Human Services and MNsure supporting the business operations, customers and partners at the Department of Human Services and MNsure. This is a great opportunity to join a large and sophisticated Information Technology organization, and apply your experience and expertise. Join our dedicated and experienced team, and help us continue to provide quality care for the people we serve!
As an Information Risk and Compliance Security Analyst, you will assume an intermediate level security and technical support role across several security domains in the implementation of the established Enterprise Information Security and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Program. This program utilizes a GRC tool to centralize compliance and risk management processes and provides risk and compliance monitoring and reporting. The GRC Tool and Process Administrator are key components of the team responsible for the GRC applications design and configuration to support the various risk and compliance management activities across the state.
Responsibilities to include:
- Serve as resource in managing risks & controls through a eGRC tool
- Automating workflows, reporting, notifications and questionnaires in a eGRC tool
- Creating documentation and ongoing maintenance of a eGRC tool
- Contributes in the maintenance of the security exception and findings management processes
- Contributes in the maintenance of security program metrics and reporting to convey risk to appropriate audiences
- Researches and stays abreast of potential information security threats, industry trends and response alternatives and participated as a team member in proactively mitigating their impact
- Participates in the consultation with clients to assess and document security risk and compliance of IT systems, processes and third parties
This position is temporary and includes full state fringe benefits; it is anticipated to last up to two years.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume.
Position requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience in an IT related field that includes:
- Risk assessments and/or audit functions
- Compliance monitoring, education and enforcement
- Policy and standards development, management and exception processes
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related substitutes for two years of experience, OR a related Associate’s substitutes for one year.
Salary Range and Benefits: $ 21.94-$ 35.66 hourly, $ 45,810-$ 74,458 annually
starting salary depending upon qualifications. Excellent State of MN benefits package.