The Information Security Operations Analyst plays a vital role in the general business operations of YP. This position requires the ability to provide both technical leadership and positive individual contributions in the implementation, operations, and support of enterprise security solutions in a multi data center environment.
This individual should be comfortable working in an organized and structured environment, continually provide knowledge and feedback to other team members, be willing to learn from others, and assist in developing and following InfoSec support processes and procedures. Candidate should be a results-driven and detail oriented individual possessing strong interpersonal skills with a strong focus on customer service. This individual should possess the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, adjust to changing priorities and different personalities, and be a good team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will have experience and direct knowledge of managing security infrastructure in a large complex multi-data center environment.
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to, managing and enhancing the effectiveness of current security tools and applications including network, application and database firewall infrastructure, web content filtering technologies, VPN/network gateway infrastructure, SSL certificates, corporate security policies, programs, and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
- Analyze and report on network, event and security logs, and MSS alert logs.
- Review security-related change requests.
- Participation in on-call rotation. Some nights and weekend work may be required.
- Develop and maintain an expert working knowledge of existing and new security applications, platforms and architectures.
- Investigate and document new technologies, tools and methodologies to improve system/network hardening, and advance information assurance procedures across all teams.
- Personal accountability for project timelines and milestones.
- 3+ years of system, network, and/or application security experience.
- Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and network security.
- Forensic knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, IPSEC, HTTP/S, routing protocols)
- Must be able to perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SEIM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software, security incident response, Identity Management.
- Ability to diligently track, manage, and communicate about multiple complex and long-running projects.
- A commitment to continuing education to strengthen skills and broaden expertise.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while staying a team player.
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism.
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security desired.
- Scripting skills (e.g., Python, shell scripting)
- Any of the following a plus: CISA, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PMP, ITIL v3.
Bachelor degree in computer science or other engineering field preferred.
YP is a leading local marketing solutions provider in the US dedicated to helping local businesses and communities grow. YP’s flagship consumer brands include the popular YP℠ app and yp.com, which are used by nearly 60 million consumers each month in the U.S., and The Real Yellow Pages® directory. YP had more than 1 billion searches on mobile and more than 1.3 billion searches online in 2015. The YP app has been downloaded more than 20 million times and YP has almost 7 million registered users of its website and apps. YP solutions and services are backed by thousands of media consultants and customer service professionals in local markets across the US with relationships spanning nearly half a million advertisers.
As we continue to expand our leadership in the mobile local ad market we find ourselves with several distinctions including; ranking among the top 50 digital media companies in the world, owner of the 31st largest website (YP.com) and a top 40 mobile app (YPmobile).
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V