B&H PHOTO-VIDEO, INC.
Job Title: Information Security Analyst Level 2
Division/Department: Information Systems – Security
The Information Security Specialist Level 2 supports day-to-day Information Technology (IT) security operations and event investigation. S/he is responsible for Security Data Analytics, SOC 2nd Level Support, Threat Intelligence and Security Risk Reporting. The Specialist is involved with employee technology on-boarding, off-boarding, logical access control, and access entitlement review for internal and cloud systems. This role provides IT Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), log management, security incident management, and forensics. This individual serves a key role providing a holistic view of an organization’s IT security preparedness and response to cyber threats.
• Responsible for Security Data Analytics, SOC 2nd Level Support, Threat Intelligence and Security Risk Reporting
• Lead Enterprise Vulnerability and Patch Management initiatives that advance business objectives in a manner that matches business appetite for risk
• Improve security awareness regarding evolving threats and common vulnerabilities
• Assist with examination of security controls (i.e., facilitate internal and external audits, compliance reporting, and management attestation)
• Examine operational effectiveness of security controls and design automation when valuable
• Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing, key control testing, Data Leakage Detection and Scanning, and Identity and Access acceptable use monitoring
• Responsible for employee technology on-boarding, off-boarding, logical access control, and access entitlement review for internal and cloud systems
• Prepare reports for Management regarding risk findings and progress with remediation
• Develop cyber security analytics and threat intelligence using multiple data sources using SIEM
• Provide 2nd level support to Security Operations Center (SOC)
• Configure security tools and sensors to alert on certain risk conditions
• Examine cyber adversary techniques in order to develop defensive methodologies
• Explore the security event alerting and auditing capabilities of various technology (e.g., Microsoft Windows, SQL, Email, Firewalls, IPS, AV, applications, etc.) and establish configuration standards
• Assist Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) with cyber threat detection and prevention
• Recurring reporting to IT Management demonstrating operational effectiveness of security controls
• As assigned by Manager
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• General knowledge of information technology including Microsoft Windows, Linux, office automation (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.), email, databases.
• Understanding of networking concepts and technologies including Routing, Switching, NAT, OSI Model, etc.
• Knowledge of common information security concepts such as anti-virus, logical access control, firewalls, intrusion prevention, least privilege, separation of duties, etc.
• High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Aptitude to learn new technology product and concepts
• Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines in an organized fashion
• Interest to learn scripting languages, macros, programs, and regular expressions
• Understanding of basic data analysis and management concepts
• Ability to communicate clear call to action verbally and in written form
• Desire to learn new products and techniques to safeguard information systems and data
• Ability to work independently to advance daily duties as well as collaboratively with multiple teams to advance projects
• Experience with Splunk, analytic development, data mining, data visualization, or machine learning is also helpful.
• Experience with Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) tools desired but not required
• Ability to author technical and management risk reports
Preferred Education, Experience and Licenses:
• Minimum Education Required: Associate Degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Business Administration or related field or equivalent job-related experience.
• Education Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in Security Management, Information Assurance, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or related field
• ISC2 CISSP or ISACA CISM/CISA professional certification preferred
• 5+ years of experience in IT or in role that requires regular use of Information Technology and Data Management.
• 2 years of experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products (e.g., Splunk, ArcSight, LogLogic, etc.) preferred
• Experience in Retail desired, but not required
B-H Photo-Video-Pro Audio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.