Born digital, Axos BankTM is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AX). Axos Bank has reinvented the banking model, growing to nearly $10 billion in assets in just 19 years. With a broad and ever-growing range of financial products, Axos Bank is rated among the top 5 online banks in the country!
We bring together human insight and digital expertise to anticipate the needs of our customers. Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
- Investigate potential security incidents identified within our network and coordinate response to contain the incidents
- Utilize incident response playbooks to follow established and repeatable processes for triaging and containment of an incident
- Perform analysis of network traffic and host activity across a wide array of technologies and platforms
- Routinely develop and update incident response playbooks to ensure response activities align with best practices, minimize gaps in response and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats
- Process internal and external Cyber Threat Intelligence for determination of impact, hunting to determine scope, and implementation of mitigations to defend client enterprise
- Run pivoting analysis on Threat Intelligence to identify current impact or pro-actively process mitigations for defense through security technologies and proactive mitigations including zero-day patching identification, anomalous behavior, and recommendations of remediation action
Key Skill Sets or Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent working knowledge of security relevant data, including network protocols, ports and common services such as TCP/IP protocols and application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP/S, DNS, FTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Understanding of the Computer Security Incident Handling Guide, NIST 800-61
- Experience with one or more major programming languages (C++, Java, Python, etc)
- General understanding of security controls and best practices (NIST, COBIT, COSO, etc.)
- Professional certifications commensurate with experience, i.e. GCFA, GCIH, etc.
- Familiar with different types of applications and/or systems and their security settings
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or other rudimentary data analysis toolsets
- Base knowledge of workstations, servers, vendor applications, hosting solutions, etc.
Desired Career Experience & Education Requirements:
- 2+ years’ working experience in a technology environment with exposure to information security principles
- Hands-on experience with common security technologies (IDS, Firewall, SIEM, etc.)
- Experience working within a Security Operations Center (SOC) and/or with SIEM technologies
- Experience working in a technical support role (fielding calls, responding to incidents, etc.)
- Ability to analyze solutions using deductive reasoning and critical thinking to solve problems in straightforward situations
- Experience with packet analysis and packet capture tools
- Maintain and report on security key performance indicators and metrics
- Provide data scrubbing and analysis over large patching and vulnerability datasets
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing detailed information about event timelines, technical designs, system concepts and business impact
- Motivated to obtain requisite technical certification(s) within six months of hire
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in a technical field of study i.e. Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Management Information Systems)
Apply directly for consideration as we are not using any outside agencies for any of our openings
Job Functions and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axos Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.