Information Security internship to help payment processing organization migrate/integrate vulnerability scanning infrastructure to expand scope from national to international footprint.
Information Security Internship
Are you interested in a career both challenging and rewarding? Every day, companies offer new and exciting technologies to customers. And, intelligent hackers are always on the lookout for ways to abuse these systems. Though not a new industry, Information Security is a rapidly growing industry. Learn the foundations of risk management and position yourself to be in demand by enterprise leaders as you partner with them to ensure new products roll out in the safest way.
Our ideal candidate is one who wants to learn how to walk into a meeting, hear a leader’s plan, and help guide their development team to creating the safest product possible.
Basic concepts you will learn:
- Risk analysis: approach an application, system, or process and identify potential problems
- Impact analysis: understand what is to be gained or lost by abusing a problem
- Risk mitigation: make a recommendation on how to fix or control a problem
- Vulnerability management: understand the vulnerability management lifecycle and how to identify, assess, and remediate vulnerabilities
- Industry compliance: apply and enforce security best practices
- Internal audit: understand the need for regular audit and how it relates to security maintenance
- Asset Management – understand the interdependencies of asset management and vulnerability management and the required maintenance
What we are looking for:
- Interest to learn new and/or advanced computer concepts
- Current enrollment in a college level Computer Science or related degree
- Junior or senior in good academic standing
- Proficient in data analysis and understanding of metrics generation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Access
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity and critical thinking skills
- Organized and flexible
- Self-motivated with personal discipline to maximize time
This position is a paid internship for the summer of 2017 and is equal parts business and technical focused. Candidates are expected to work 15 to 20 hours a week during normal business hours. However, flexibility and allowances will be given for class schedules.
In 1997 Heartland Payment Systems opened its doors with a modest plan: to provide fair, honest and fully disclosed payments solutions to help businesses prosper. Never veering from our roots or our convictions, that plan has taken us and our clients to places most businesses could only dream of. Today, we process more than 11 million transactions a day totaling over $80 billion a year and are the fifth largest payment provider in the U.S.
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.