About the Job
The Information Security Officer (ISO) is responsible for designing, building and improving data and information security at PARC. ISO will work with labs, channels, and CNS to identify risks, develop standards, policies and guidelines, and recommend appropriate information security controls. ISO should keep abreast of regulatory/legal changes and evolving industry practices. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated knowledge, understanding and hands-on experience with all aspects of information security and risk management, including but not limited to policy, compliance, strategy, planning and implementation.
- Design and maintain information security technologies, policies and procedures
- Design and maintain physical security for IT systems including requirements, policies, and procedures
- Conduct and lead information security audits:
- Information security
- Penetration testing
- HIPAA security risk management
- ITAR and export control security risk management
- PII/Safe Harbor security risk assessment
- Network security
- Development policies and procedures for export control records keeping and compliance
- Design information security requirements and policy maintenance
- Evaluate and/or implement controls to ensure data security on projects (for all three channels)
- Work with labs to implement a data policy for projects with PII, client and/or confidential data
- Information Security training and communications
- Ensure compliance with Xerox security requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; combination of related industrial security experience will be considered
- Possession of Security + certification, and completion of appropriate USG-sponsored (DOD, DNI, etc.) ISSO/ISSM training courses preferred
- This position requires U.S. citizenship or permanent resident
- Ability to conduct validation testing using automated assessment tools
- Experience in use of Linus, Windows Operating systems, OS X, and mobile devices in physical and virtual environments
- Technical knowledge of computer and network hardware and software systems
- Specialized knowledge in areas such as security training and awareness, computer forensic investigations, systems security administration, data recovery network security control, design and implementation, as well as facility and physical security requirements
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients’ businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.