The Information Technology Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of all IT department functions in alignment with organizational business objectives. The IT manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. They will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT manager will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Develops security measures for operating system and hardware equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- End-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Troubleshoot and resolves hardware, software, and network problems, which may require coverage after normal working hours for any mission critical downtime.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of all network and communication software, including at remote locations.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Responsible for reviewing and remediating internal IT audit comments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required, computer science or related field preferred.
5+ years of related work experience in I.T.
MCSE, MCSA certifications highly preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive technical knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies, Windows operating systems, RAID levels, Microsoft Server software, SAN technologies, virtualization, and OS security.
- Administrative experience in systems administration, server operations, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong technical background and experience in structured analysis, Microsoft technologies, Intel and AMD based hardware, and enterprise server-based environments mandatory.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet all deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Stays current on advancements in information technology.
- Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knowledge/Familiarity of regulatory guidelines (i.e. HIPAA, 45 CFR 160-164, NIST SP 800) is preferred.
The IT Manager will be sitting, walking, standing, twisting, bending, and reaching intermittently daily.
The IT Manager works primarily indoors in an office environment where temperatures fluctuate, and the noise level is typically moderate.