Location: New Ulm, MN
The Information Technology Manager will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the organization, working closely with management team to assess and implement best practices. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading company-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. This position reports to CFO. Provide leadership and direction for the company’s overall software and business systems strategy. Hire, develop and supervise all IT staff and other department resources as directed. Manage IS software support and development by performing the following duties directly or through subordinate personnel.
- Directing all IT operations and IT staff as well as the support, maintenance, improvement, and development of technology infrastructure.
- Align department activities with the business objectives using performance management, provide direct reports feedback, hire & develop talent; and conduct performance reviews to create an engaged, high performing I.S. team.
- Responsible for the technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems, and staffing, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals
- Work with management team to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Lead project planning and implementation of IS projects. Develop and recommend short and long range systems plans for the enterprise. Assist in the implementation of various IS systems as needed.
- Work Closely with ERP administrator to maximize use of current ERP software. Ensure that ERP software meets business requirements. Evaluate, install, configure and deploy new ERP modules. Anticipate, install and configure patches and upgrades. Monitor and troubleshot the ERP systems.
- Manage outside vendor relationships to select and de-select external resources which will accelerate achievement of department and business goals. Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements. With the programmer, design and develop custom software solutions as needed.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review
- Research new technologies and remain current on programming languages and practices. Utilize continuing education as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Requires bachelor degree in computer science or relevant discipline from an accredited institution, ten years I.S. relevant experience in manufacturing including at least six years of information technology management.
Experience: The following experience is required:
- Network administration ,
- Business processes and ERP software, project management and software development, working with cross-functional teams,
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- Certification in Project Management, Management Information Systems, or Database Management Technology highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of all IT related functions including server computer hardware, network design, implementation and operation; various operating systems, software, and computer peripherals.
Skills: Strategic thinking, leadership, technical capability, good communication, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills. Demonstrated skill in learning and applying new software technologies. Demonstrated skills in coaching and conducting annual performance reviews that align department performance consistent with the business needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision ability by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Because employees in this position must handle information covered by the International Trade and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR), successful applicants will be required to verify their identity and their status as a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, or person granted refugee or asylee status in the U.S.
Windings Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Windings is committed to providing all employees a workplace that is free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you need assistance with our online application or need further assistance in order to apply for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at [email protected], or call 507-359-2034.