We’re looking for a top-notch QA Analyst to help us grow and develop our sites and ensure the highest quality user experience. The Department of Social and Health Services, Economic Services Administration (ESA), Division of Child Support Information Technology (DCS IT) is looking to hire a dynamic, customer focused Senior Test Analyst based in its Olympia Office.
Our Test Analyst applies expert technical knowledge to perform testing and quality assurance for computer systems administered by the division. This includes the Support Enforcement Management System (SEMS), SEMSWeb, and other associated applications. The majority of tasks performed has wide-area impact, integrates new technology, and affects how the mission of DSHS is accomplished. This position will be classified as Information Technology Specialist 4 (ITS4), and will be based in Olympia, Washington.
As Senior Test Analyst, you will use industry acknowledged test and quality assurance standards to develop, execute, evaluate, and document system and user acceptance test plans. You will lead problem-solving teams, analyze outcomes and document problem resolution. Primarily, your role is to design and develop requirements testing, functional testing, regression testing and user acceptance testing, including:
- Develop test plans, test conditions and test scripts using system design and requirement documents
- Execute test scripts to test specific program functions and/or conduct systems testing of entire application and interfaces
- Evaluate test results from a business perspective
- Identify, document and track application deficiencies
- Participates in requirements development and software/hardware design sessions as well as problem resolution meetings
- Review, analyze and evaluate business processes and needs from a technical and business perspective using knowledge of commonly used concept, practices and procedures
- Provide technical system expertise in a consultative role to customers and stakeholders
- Assist in the development and delivery of advanced technical materials, as well as communications as a result of system changes.
Who we are most interested in:
Applicants with four (4) years’ work experience in the use of and navigation within the SEMS mainframe system and SEMSWeb to establish and enforce child support orders OR a minimum of four (4) years of experience in testing mainframes, client server applications, or web-based applications and their interaction with downstream systems
We are looking for those who also have the following experience, which may be concurrent with the experience above:
- Expert-level experience in the research and application of federal child support law and Washington child support enforcement policy and regulations OR Four (4) years of experience with testing methodologies such as interoperability, black box/white box, system, integration, end-to-end, regression testing, stress testing, and performance testing
- Four (4) years of information technology (IT) experience such as consulting, analyzing, designing, or programming computer software applications; directing projects; providing training or customer support in IT; administering or supervising staff who performed work in any of these IT disciplines.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two (2) years of experience in SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Experience with SQL (writing queries, etc)
This position is overtime exempt. Travel and work outside of the normal business day will be required when necessary. Employees in this classification are included in a union shop.
Do you have what we are looking for?
Consideration will be given to complete on-line applications. The hiring manager is requesting the following to be attached to your application:
- Chronological resume
- Cover letter
- And three professional references with current contact information.
Questions about applying for this opportunity? Contact Brenda Fitzpatrick at (509) 363-5032 or firstname.lastname@example.org and reference #11870.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5824. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.