BLH was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland. BLH provides technology solutions for our Federal and commercial clients in the areas of Systems Integrations, Network Infrastructure, Cloud Computing, Web Development and more. Other areas we specialize in are Data Analytics and Research, Communications and Outreach and Safety monitoring. BLH helps its clients advance their public health, project management, and other program goals through utilizing the latest technology and innovations.
We are in search of candidates with education, specialized experience and/or expertise in one or more of the following areas: Information Technology: Application Developer, Database Administrator/Architect, Systems Engineer, Network Engineer, Security Engineer, Website Engineer and DevOps Engineer, Technical Writer, Technical Scrum Managers and Cloud Administrator.
Responsibilities may include:
- Perform a wide range of computer support services to formulate and implement proposed solutions to complex or specialized information technology problems.
- Provide high level functional IT analysis, design, and development, integration, documentation, and implementation assistance on problems which require a thorough knowledge of the related technical subject matter for effective system deployment.
- Work with client to integrate hardware and software components, test applications and assure software and systems have the level of quality and functionality intended.
- Participate in business and technical information technology solutions implementations, system upgrades, enhancements and conversions.
- Establish and maintain security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents.
- Respond to various complex hardware and software issues with timely and viable resolution, and successfully resolve technical and service problems related to hardware and software issues with various networks, systems, desktops, peripherals and laptops.
- Utilize a highly proficient level of customer care skills to successfully interact with customers to ensure effective service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Define scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects, analyze collected requirements to ensure plan and identified solutions meet clients’ needs and expectations.
- Database skills and experience migrating data and designing procedures and reports.
- Experience developing and implementing standard operating procedures for computer networks and data bases.
- Other computer related tasks that are specific to the position being filled.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience in the Computer Science, Information Systems, and Information Systems Development, Information Technology or related field/environment. A minimum of 4 years in a specialty area such as Web Design,
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on being thorough, detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task and work under tight time-lines.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, including cross-cultural teams.
- Excellent computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Fluency in English is required.
- US citizenship or US permanent residency required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret Level.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Additional Information: BLH greatly values its employees and offers a competitive benefits package as people are our greatest assets and key to our success. Positions pending contract award. All job offers are contingent upon award. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Due to the high volume of applicants we cannot reply to each expression of interest. We appreciate your understanding.