Denver International Airport is the 19th-busiest airport in the world and the sixth-busiest airport in the United States, serving 58.3 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Denver is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, and has been named the nation’s top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn’t easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of the city and have a hand in creating our future. At DEN, the core values of the organization are transparency, collaboration, mutual respect and support, diversity, integrity, trust and organizational excellence. Join the team at DEN and be part of the future for the world’s most exciting and forward-thinking airport. Learn more about DEN at www.flydenver.com.
About Our Job
Here is a great opportunity to manage a team in charge of a modern, highly-virtualized data center and is responsible for all server, storage, and network systems. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, have great interpersonal and communication skills, enjoy leading a team and mentoring personal growth, have experience handling vendor/consultant relationships, and have expertise with data center and server infrastructure.
You will be responsible for envisioning, designing, and implementing plans for enterprise architecture to ensure the appropriate capacity, capabilities, and infrastructure are available to support DEN Technologies’ initiatives, work with the Senior IT Manager on budgetary and procurement issues necessary to support those needs.
Some of the day to day:
- Supervises information technology professionals responsible for developing and maintaining technology infrastructure or services while managing the daily activities of an information technology work group. Provides technical expertise and leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of technology solutions
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and administration of all IT systems, including network infrastructure, servers, storage, databases, desktops / laptops, and peripherals to achieve availability, performance, and security objectives
- Ensure a stable and highly available enterprise computing environment, including effective customer communications, problem solving, root cause analysis, and remediation
- Develop and execute a plan to perform risk, business impact and vulnerability assessments and define risk mitigation strategies
- Ensure policies, standards, and standard operating procedures are in place and are being followed
- Participates in strategic planning, including recommendations around new capabilities and technologies, cost/benefit analysis, and risk mitigation/avoidance
- Oversee and manage security operations to ensure the integrity and compliance of company infrastructure and data
- Maintain system, network, and security disaster recovery plans, scripts, and coordinate testing
- Responsible for procuring, installing and maintaining all computer hardware and software
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and opinions to senior management as part of a collaborative decision making and roadmap planning process.
- People Management (Performance reviews, Individual Development planning, Scheduling and time reporting, Travel / Training budgeting and planning, One on one and staff meetings)
- Know what motivates each employee using the knowledge of their strengths and interests to benefit both the employee and the Institute; identify employee development opportunities and create plans for achievement;
- Able to grow in leadership as the team grows, including hiring and develop members of your team to achieve capability, performance, and security objectives
- A minimum of two years of experience leading IT Architecture/Infrastructure teams
- A minimum of two years of experience supporting critical IT server infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, or a related field and three years of professional level information technology work
- One year of the appropriate type and level of experience is equivalent to one year of education (e.g. four years of relevant experience can substitute for a Bachelor’s Degree)
- A Master’s Degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
About Everything Else
Classification Title: We call this job IT Infrastructure Manager. The official job classification title is Information Technology Manager.
Assessments/Testing: This position does not require testing.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
Probationary Period: This position may require the selected candidate to complete at least a six-month probationary period prior to attaining career status with the City & County of Denver. For more information about the probationary period, click here.