We’re a stable, fast-growing company with amazing opportunities to start and grow your career. We offer a diverse selection of instructor-led trainings online and in-person for our clients to choose from. Our products are leading the information security training industry with customers including the federal government, military and Fortune 500 companies. Delivering award-winning trainings to the CIA, FBI, NSA, Sandia National Labs, Microsoft, JP Morgan-Chase, Amgen, Intel and more, we are leading experts in the field of information security certification training.
As a mid-market company, we’re not interested in office politics or the endless trials of corporate hierarchies and bureaucracy. We’re interested in getting things done. Our management teams are open to your suggestions and make sound decisions on helping us grow. It’s evident in the 450% growth we’ve seen over the past 4 years.
As an Instructor with InfoSec Institute, you’ll have the opportunity to share your real life experience with the Information Security and Information Technology world. You’ll be an influencer, motivator, and thought leader in the industry. We encourage our instructors to constantly expand their skillsets through our own certification courses (usually on the house!), helping you reach your professional and technical goals.
You have a commanding presence and are able to manage a classroom easily. You’re not just interested in a job, you have a passion for your craft and understand that sharing knowledge is one of the most important things you can do. You also know that excellent communication skills are imperative in any position and you get a thrill from presenting to others. You’ve probably sat through a boring certification class and thought about all the ways you’d rather have learned the material. Take those ideas and implement them at InfoSec Institute; we understand that engagement is just as important as the material. Our team of instructors are friendly, determined people who love what they do and have fun doing it!
You’ll be the face of InfoSec Institute and part of our growing team of full time instructors. Our instructors teach about thirty-five weeks out of the year, and spend time working from home, creating course material. You’ll specialize in delivering classes both online and in person via Microsoft Lync and hotel conference centers nationwide. Your mission is to educate our students with all your worldly knowledge and prepare them for the respective certification exam.
Education and General Requirements
- 4+ years of technical Information Technology and Information Security experience (e.g Network Engineer, Security Engineer, etc.)
- 1+ years of Adult Education experience
- Ability to travel 75% (most commonly to Dulles, D.C., Atlanta, Dallas, Las Vegas, Colorado Springs, Chicago and San Diego)
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, IT, and/or appropriate skill level in related field.
Primary focus areas include Computer Security Concepts & Best Practices; Information & Cyber Security Operation, Governance, Assurance and Compliance; associated business processes and a solid understand of the Industry Standard Professional Certification programs.
Experience and current certifications in two or more of the following (with the ability to achieve current certifications from the additional list below):
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional)
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- CPT (Certified Penetration Tester)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor),
- CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional),
- CAP (Certified Authorization Professional),
- CRISC (Certified in Risk & Information Systems Control)
- CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT)
- Excellent teaching and facilitation skills, and a true inborn desire to aid others in learning
- Knowledge and experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting many common information technology systems, including Microsoft, Cisco and Linux technologies
- Knowledge and experience with information security best practices including: encryption, application security, penetration testing, and computer forensics
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to teach effectively with students with diverse skillsets
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
Why you should join us at InfoSec Institute
- High autonomy in your role
- Ability to influence the next generation in security specialists
- Personal and professional growth through continued education
- Work with a great team who are responsive and supportive
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance)
- PTO and paid holidays
About InfoSec Institute
InfoSec Institute was founded in 1998 by an expert team of information security instructors. Their goal was to build a business by offering the best possible training experience for students. We felt that by providing the best possible hands on training, the most practical for today’s demanding workplace requirements, that the business would grow by leaps and bounds. This original assumption proved true. InfoSec Institute has trained over 15,000 individuals. Unlike other training companies that have been founded by non-technical business persons, InfoSec Institute deeply understands the needs of today’s IT professionals and is best positioned to offer world class training.
Apply to this job:
If this sounds like a dream job for you, please apply using the form on the right of your screen. A real human – me, Lorelei – I’ll review your application and get back to if we think you’ll be a great fit. Haven’t convinced you? Email me directly! I’ll answer your questions, provide more information on the job, and tell you all the things I love about working here. Email: [email protected]