The IT Cyber Security Operations Center analyst is a key contributor to the success of Juniper’s IT Security program and the protection of the company’s intellectual property and computing assets. This position monitors a large-scale enterprise environment for security alerts using a wide variety of monitoring tools. The position requires a highly motivated individual who possesses strong analytical skills and the passion to continuously learn about cyber security. This position is a member of Juniper’s IT Security Team based in Sunnyvale, California.
- Creates and tracks security incident reports
- Triages and investigates business specific threats and vulnerability findings of security incidents to support cyber incident response
- Monitor events and multiple technologies and communication channels using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools to detect IT security incidents
- Assists security administrators, end users and IT staff in the resolution of reported security incidents
- Conducts root cause analysis to understand cause of security incidents and recommend preventative measures
- Works with Juniper’s IT department and members of the information security team to identify, select and implement technical controls
- Researches and assesses new threats and security alerts and recommends remedial action
- Tracks and maintains operational security metrics
- Assists with documentation and procedural updates
- Contributes to security awareness efforts
- Pursuing a BS/BA degree in information systems, information security, computer science or computer engineering
- Strong computer, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze and process large amounts of data in a distributed environment
- Ability to thrive in a team environment where success is high dependent upon the contribution of others
- Knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls
- Knowledge of mainstream operating systems (for example, Microsoft Windows and Mac IOS, Linux, and Unix)
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls and associated network protocols and concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships
Candidates for this specific role must have the legal right to work for Juniper in the United States, without the need for Juniper sponsorship.
ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision – Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work-their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job – it’s an opportunity to help change the world