JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Global Security and Investigations (GS&I) protects the firm’s employees and assets throughout the world. This responsibility includes the development of security and safety policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative compliance, Security guard management and alarm response, crisis management, ATM, branch and corporate building security and customer safety, physical crime investigations, workplace violence, fire and life safety, executive protection, due diligence, pre-employment screening, security operations on a global basis, fraud Investigations and cyber security.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This position is with the National Vulnerable Adult Investigation team which focuses on Vulnerable Adult and Elder financial exploitation.
- Independently conducts external investigations related to vulnerable adult and elder exploitation issues as part of the National Vulnerable Adult Investigations Team.
- Investigation duties include gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses and suspects, documenting in case management system, working with law enforcement for the prosecution of investigations, complying with regulatory requirements,
- GS&I (Global Security & Investigations) policies and identifying control and procedural issues.
- Works closely with Adult Protective Services and law enforcement related to the regulatory reporting and prosecution of investigations.
- Generally makes decisions independently, but will consult with management on more complex issues.
- Gathers thorough/accurate evidence for multiple case assignments including: tracing financial transactions, reviewing suspect’s backgrounds and financial profiles.
- Documents key data and issues related to the investigation, completes investigative fieldwork and communicates the results in various written work products.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of bank operations, policies, and procedures required to facilitate investigations.
- Demonstrates independent decision making and keeps GS&I management briefed on investigations.
- Maintains relationships with peers from law enforcement and regulatory bodies to stay current on issues affecting the firm.
- Gains information to aid GS&I’s fraud detection and investigations methodology.
- Collects and evaluates ideas, technology, and industry risks.
- May involve forensic investigative analysis to support an investigation.
- Will come in contact with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in financial or vulnerable adult related investigations and/or 10 years equivalent banking industry experience
- Industry recognized certifications such as CFE, CFI, etc. are preferred
- Good analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to research and analyze bank statements, credit card statements and other financial records.
- Ability to effectively multi-task with strong time management and organizational skills
- Good problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Good oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner regarding sensitive situations
- Strong leadership skills, showing the ability to not only work independently but also assist the members of your team
- Knowledge of business applications a plus
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Business-specific skills/certifications will be considered
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
US-AZ-Phoenix-Phoenix Tower / 52113
US-IL-Chicago-Citadel Center / 52735
Corporate Brand JPMorgan Chase & Co.