NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
The Director of Middleware Services oversees all middleware development, infrastructure, software and resources reporting to the VP of Business Applications. This person will be responsible for managing the organization that takes the lead on all development and operational issues affecting middleware services utilized throughout the enterprise and maintains a reliable operation that ensures critical business service levels are continuously met and exceeded.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Service level management, capacity monitoring, staff development, and continuous process improvement. To that end, this leader will ensure that all aspects of the Operational Excellence Initiative receive the highest focus needed to be successful, fostering a continuous improvement mentality across the organization.
- Working closely with the other delivery orgs to ensure project timeliness, cost, and customer satisfaction measures are met
- Work closely with EA and other delivery orgs to develop a roadmap for a world class IT Middleware platform/infrastructure
Major Opportunities and Decisions:
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization by being a proactive senior manager who understands the needs of each business and ensuring that all delivery and operational activities are directed towards meeting their goals and service levels.
- Ensures all changes are planned, tested, and follow the division’s change management procedures.
- Works closely with the T&I senior leadership team and Business Application leaders to improve both the ease of doing business, as well as reliability for the middleware organization’s internal clients.
- Ensures middleware infrastructure is properly patched, monitored, and maintained. Works closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to help shape a clear technology lifecycle strategy for the firm for all middleware infrastructure platforms.
- Works closely with the IT senior leadership team to ensure the needs of these functional areas are prioritized and aligned with both enterprise and line of business plans.
- Actively participates in Client’s disaster recovery efforts, ensuring redundancy of all middleware infrastructure platforms to mitigate major business losses in the event of disaster outages.
- Manages expense budget for these functions ensuring fiscal responsibility and sound expense controls. Provides input to both short and long-term financial planning for Client, and oversees all expense optimization activities to deliver the greatest savings for the corporation.
- Provides leadership in planning for the future infrastructure, proposing new directions and technologies. Participates in the setting of technical standards and drive migration efforts to the future technology infrastructure.
- Leads the creation and automation of operational processes and procedures, providing management by metrics to facilitate capacity, resource planning, and continuous process improvement.
- Provides staff development and develops a strong succession plan to ensure adequate resource levels and skills for the organization for both the short and long term. Ensure that all technologies follow operational standards and proper training of multiple individuals takes place prior to production rollout and support.
- Recruits, motivates, and develops a talented staff, and establishes a clear definition of functional excellence in middleware services. Builds and leads a flexible, responsive, organization that has a high sense of urgency, and is very customer and value oriented.
- Builds/maintains a strong IT control and secure environment ensuring privileged access is only granted to those with an approved role, while reviewing and attesting to existing access entitlements per firm policy. Works closely with head of the Platform Services Engineering to ensure Security and Compliance standards are followed as well as respond to internal/external audits.Skills and Knowledge
- Experience supporting 24×7 business operations.
- Exceptional project management and delivery skills.
- Strong hands on development experience in the Middleware space
- Understanding of cloud computing delivery models (IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS) and deployment models related to Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud service.
- Understanding Web services technologies
- Understanding of Enterprise Messaging and Queuing technologies:
- Understanding of Identity and Authentication Management and integration with Web layer
- Understanding of DevOps concepts.
- Experience with enterprise infrastructure monitoring tools .
Strong understand of Agile methodology
- Experience working in a converged infrastructure environment .
ITIL practitioner. Must possess a clear understanding of ITIL, how it benefits Client, and what we need to implement an ITIL best practice solution.
- Assertive, energetic, and results-driven leader who has the ability to succeed in a results-focused organization.
- Strong management and leadership skills. Strong coach and developer of talent.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural and proven ability to collaborate deeply with others. Must be able to form strong connections with peers, senior leadership, and subordinates to work effectively across all organizations within the company.
- A strong communicator, committed to operational excellence with a track record of delivering on their promises. Strong communication skills that enable the individual to create alignment around objectives and excitement and buy-in for the goals of the organization.
- Deep understanding of what it is to be an internal service provider, one who listens attentively, and builds bridges rather than walls.
- Client focused. Exceptional service orientation, with an outward focused mindset that places the needs of the business and their staff over their own.
- Strong understanding of security and risk, especially as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting, and monitoring.
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing multiple tasks and priorities while maintaining the composure and resilience to relieve stress across the work group rather than adding to it.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher degree
- 10 to 15 years of professional experience with depth of IT experience that includes large enterprise development and middleware platform services and teams.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
: Management Information Svcs
: North America-United States