IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organization and one of the world’s leading hotel companies. With a broad portfolio of 9 hotel brands, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn® Hotels and Resorts, Staybridge Suites® and Kimpton Hotels®. We have over 5,100 hotels in nearly 100 countries around the world, and another 1,000 hotels in our development pipeline. Our vision is to become one of the great companies in the world by creating Great Hotels Guests Love.
Our Regional office, based in Atlanta, Georgia, is looking for a IT Forensic Investigator. For more information about this role and how you can be part of such a great company, please read about the role and responsibilities.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Manage incident response efforts, leading, and conducting IT forensic investigations of hotel and corporate systems. Proactively monitor for potential information security incidents. Represent the information security department with internal and external constituents, including auditors, executives, and project teams. Analyze and risk assess information security incidents and drive response efforts, bringing in relevant internal parties when required to assess impact and notification requirements. Perform lessons learned after incidents to ensure root cause of the incident has been determined and addressed. Manage incident response team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Coordinate global technology strategies to address incident response objectives.
- Act as the primary escalation point for all information security events/incidents
- Perform initial analysis and triage of information security incidents; coordinate with appropriate information security leadership, legal, privacy, risk, and business resources as appropriate, demonstrating strong communication and diplomatic skills in all interactions
- Lead and conduct event investigation and forensics efforts, coordinating with internal and external technology resources as needed
- Balance the application of technical (programming / Network) and non-technical (analysis / investigative) skills while managing key stakeholder relationships (internal colleagues as well as hotel owners, general managers, and staff)
- Evaluate vendors for new and existing solutions to assist in providing security assurance functions.
- Manage external teams conducting security assessments and network penetration testing.
- Conduct business analysis to assist business units in integrating security into their work
- Assess and communicate all security risks associated with all purchases or practices performed by the company.
- Recommend and implement changes in security policies and practices in accordance with changes in local or federal law.
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to security problems in a cost-effective manner. Assist in developing and executing security awareness training.
- Work closely with all areas and regions of IHG on the assessment of corporate technology to fully secure information, computer, network, and processing systems.
- Audit the proper administration of, all computer security systems and their corresponding or associated software. Promote and oversee strategic security relationships between internal resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Specify the security requirements for, and audit the proper administration of, the facility’s security systems and their corresponding equipment or software ensuring that facilities, premises, and equipment adhere to all applicable technology policy, laws, and regulations.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education, security certifications (e.g. CISA, or CISSP) and work experience.
6 to 10 years’ progressive work experience in both network and application security design and application development, with demonstrated mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in management or project management involving business skills and budgeting.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff. Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with customers
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving security problems
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to security
Technical background in and knowledge of operating systems and network security
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation
- Demonstrated experience and solid understanding of 3rd party integrations and issues surrounding it (Extranets)
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decisions Rights)
The position will play a key role making decisions on projects related to security planning, analysis, corporate-wide security solutions, and providing a high-level of technical leadership and recommendations based on findings from audits and analysis
CONTACTS (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships
- This position will work closely with internal auditors, business and technology teams, and IT management to discuss projects, provide recommendations on improvement opportunities and operating and financial performance.
- Provide technical direction and training to more junior level network engineers.
External Key Relationships
- Works closely with external auditors to provide information for IT assessments.
- Frequent interaction with software/hardware security vendors to consult on new products and discuss/resolve technical problems.
- Develops relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and security staff at other companies to keep abreast of new trends in corporate and departmental information security.
Total Reward: Base salary plus annual bonus potential
You must meet the legal requirements to work in this country.
Your individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. If you are interested in joining us in Global Technology at IHG, know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
So why not work somewhere that gives you the freedom to be yourself and in return we’ll provide competitive financial and benefit packages including a matching 401K plan and global hotel discounts. Find out more about joining us today by visiting www.careers.ihg.com
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans