CEB is a legal publisher and continuing legal education provider serving primarily lawyers practicing in California. CEB produces, in print and electronic format, a variety of practice tools containing legal information and knowledge for practicing lawyers.
The position combines the key functions of two independent positions within the Accounts Receivable section of CEB’s Business Operations. Under the supervision of the Business Operations Supervisor, the A/R Staff divides his/her time between collection of invoices and delinquent amounts for a selection of CEB accounts and managing CEB’s Onlaw Contract database including renewals.
- The collector reviews the customer’s account history before making contact and record in CEB’s customer system the results of the customer contact.
- The collector also handles incoming calls from customers who have disputes or requires information to resolve their accounts.
- The collector sorts and mails the batch of reminder letters printed weekly.
- Maintain Customer database for OnLaw Renewal Agreements ranging from $1000 to $60,000 including original copies.
- Schedule and prepare OnLaw Renewal Agreements 90 days prior to expiration date.
- Work with Business Manager and CEB Sales Team in developing proposed OnLaw prices.
- Send to customer a copy of the agreement with proposed prices.
- Ensure an order for the renewal agreement is entered into the order system using the correct and appropriate processes.
- Ensure that contracts are renewed or terminated on the expiration date.
- Follow up customers whose OnLaw Renewal invoices are 45 days past due. Resolve any issues and inquire about payment and service.
- Run a monthly report to determine which customers should be contacted.
- Must be able to work independently and in an organized manner
- Must be detail oriented
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to learn CEB credit and sales policies
- Ability to learn CEB order entry, accounting procedures and processes
- Knowledge of customer account and AR statement analysis
- Experience in computerized accounting system / Accounts Receivable
- Ability to resolve problems with both firmness and tact
- Knowledge of credit remedies, standard collection practices and policies
- Cash handling experience
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communications skills
TO APPLY: Please forward cover letter and resume via the following URL: jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=59907. Review of resumes will begin immediately upon receipt. Background check required for finalist. No phone calls please. EOE/AA.
- Payroll Title: Computing Resources Manager II
- Requisition Number: 20160484
- Department: Technology and Information Services
- Full-time Career Position
- Open till filled
- extra info
The IT Services Department’s mission is to maintain and enhance CEB’s networks, desktop and services infrastructure, business and administrative systems including database management and support of custom web applications and ecommerce.
Special title for summary
This position is responsible for IT leadership and day to day oversight across all of these areas. The IT Manager has overall management responsibilities for CEB’s information and technology services operations including research, purchases/development, implementation, and maintenance of: the enterprise network and infrastructure (hardware and software); institutional software applications (administrative and programmatic); web applications; e-commerce; and individual departmental/user hardware, software use and applications. In addition, this position has direct responsibility for leading the development of an IT strategic direction that enables CEB to reach larger established institutional strategic goals by working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. This position will prepare and present departmental budgets, develop departmental customer service objectives, monitor customer satisfaction, ensure user training, and supervise all administrative functions within IT.
- Identify emerging technologies and recommend CEB’s long-term system needs (equipment, hardware and software applications) to accomplish the business objectives and to maintain competitiveness.
- Communicate new technologies, implications, and application to specific business areas to management.
- Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the Technology & Information Services Department.
- Promote and facilitate the development and implementation of technology programs and solutions across departments to achieve maximum efficiencies and synergies.
- Provide leadership in the development of distance education programs, training programs for faculty, and the development and delivery of web-based courses.
- Maintain an understanding of emerging trends in the use of publishing and instructional technologies, networks, and diverse computer platforms used in publishing and related business and e-commerce activities.
- Develop proactive initiatives to identify user needs and resolve problems across all departments.
- Manage system development and support activities to meet user needs in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage and track the progress of multiple development projects including resource planning and control, writing status reports, and preparing annual budgets.
- Develop and facilitate department planning, staffing, project management, budget, and fiscal management.
- Attract, hire, motivate, and continually develop department staff.
- Lead, guide, oversee the CEB information technology budgeting process, and provide leadership in cost and productivity analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 5 years experience in Information Technology with extensive experience managing a complex network environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, creative and innovative problem-solving skills and management ability. Demonstrated ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to focus on development of strategic long-term visions and transform concepts into an effective implementation plan.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a direct and straightforward manner.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to deliver results in the technology and business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and organize multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated technical skills in the areas of hardware and software evaluation; wide area network and local area network technologies, equipment and operations; network security; data center operations and systems management in a multi-platform environment; backup and disaster recovery planning; database management; software development; Windows server and desktop operating systems; Help Desk management; and the coordination of system and administrative additions and changes.
- Demonstrated successful leadership in supervising and managing organizations and staff including project management; strategic and tactical planning; budget preparation and execution and development of policy procedures and standards.
- Demonstrated effective and collaborative leadership style to manage organizational and technological change.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, track and report information technology infrastructure performance and effectiveness metrics.
- Strong skills in using project management tools and demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies and practices.