Position Title: IT Manager
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Basic Function: The IT Manager is primarily responsible for managing the help desk and the prompt resolution of end user issues. Second to this, the IT manager is charged with maintaining and upgrading AMP’s IT environment consisting of desktops, laptops, servers, storage, networks and applications. Lastly, the IT Manager will serve as a subject matter expert on AMP’s IT environment and will be involved and hands on in the day to day administration and resolution of problems within this environment.
The IT Manager will lead a cross-functional team comprised of help desk technicians, systems analysts, systems administrators and network administrators and will need to be well organized and able to manage multiple projects at once to ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed on time. This person will need extensive experience with infrastructure technologies, such as server virtualization, Microsoft infrastructure services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy), Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Office 365 and Azure, route/switch, LAN/WAN technologies, device encryption (bitlocker) and backup (Commvault), and storage area networks. Additionally, this person will need to understand Agile methodologies for helpdesk and project management, ITIL practices for infrastructure operations, and general IT budgeting principles.
This is a hands-on position, that will require technical work and support.
1. Performs GAP analysis of current infrastructure vs desired state and presents well-defined business cases for upgrades to systems and infrastructure that include all financial costs and project plans for implementation.
2. Provide financial and technical analysis, and budget related input to support potential investments in new, replacement, or emerging technologies in the server, data storage backup/recovery, and archiving environments.
3. Provides capacity metrics and growth forecasts for compute, memory, storage and network resources to support budget requests.
4. Holds effective IT architecture and design white boarding sessions.
5. Manages an inventory of IT Assets (desktops, laptops, servers, storage, network devices and applications) in adherence to ITIL practices.
6. Manages configurations of all devices in adherence to ITIL practices.
7. Ensures all desktops, laptops, servers, storage, network devices and applications follow a defined patching cycle in adherence to ITIL practices.
8. Ensures change management procedures are followed for all changes in adherence to ITIL practices.
9. Identifies opportunities to utilize existing systems more effectively.
10. Manages, coaches, and mentors help desk and infrastructure support personnel.
11. Manages and participates in assigned projects according to the IT project management methodology, procedures, and processes.
12. Understands Agile project management practices.
13. Provide hands-on Senior level expertise with infrastructure technologies, such as server virtualization, Microsoft infrastructure services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy), Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Office 365 and Azure, route/switch, LAN/WAN technologies, device encryption (bitlocker) and backup (Commvault), and storage area networks.
14. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, design, installation and on-going administration of AMP’s desktops, laptops, servers, storage, network devices and applications.
15. Lead external resources/vendors assigned to IT projects. Ensure external resources/vendors meet or exceed contracts deliverables and SLA’s.
16. Interacts with end users to determine hardware and software needs and trains end-users in use of software and hardware.
17. Manages the installation and maintenance of network and/or existing hardware and software.
18. Develops and demonstrates an understanding of customer and business needs.
19. Resolves escalated customer and vendor issues.
20. Resolves daily issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall AMP’s business objectives.
21. Participates in the development of a service level agreement and ongoing management of service level compliance.
22. Develops and enhances cooperative interdepartmental and vendor relationships and communications.
23. Develops a performance measurement framework and feedback system to team members on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills, in order to enhance the quality of support delivered.
24. Maintains a high level of employee morale within the entire IT Team.
25. Creates quarterly budget to actual reports for CIO.
26. Ability to update project milestones in online project management tool.
27. Travel to plant sites required.
28. Must be part of a 24 x 7 on call rotation.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
1. A four-year degree in business or computer science is required; a Master’s degree is desired.
2. Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience managing help desk, desktop support, server, network and data center professionals in a 100 + user environment.
3. A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience solving technical issues within a large IT Environment.
4. Must have hands-on experience with some of the following technologies:
a) VMWare Vsphere 5.x and 6.x
b) Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
c) Active Directory Sites and Services, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policy
d) Office 365 and Azure
e) Microsoft SharePoint
f) Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
g) Cisco Catalyst Switches
h) Nimble Storage Arrays
5. Hands-on experience with the following technologies highly desired:
a) Microsoft System Center Orchestrator
c) Palo Alto Firewalls
d) Avaya IP Office
6. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills including written and verbal skills.
7. MCSE, VCP, and CCNA certifications highly desired.
8. Work requires a flexible schedule 24×7 with duties.
9. Must have experience leading multiple simultaneous technology infrastructure projects.