The successful candidate will act as an infrastructure technology manager, requiring you to work effectively with software developers, systems engineers, partners, as well as the corporate shared IT Operations organization. Demonstrable experience with complex Network and Data center technologies. The interview process will include either virtual or physical white boarding or hypotheticals.
As a member of the Aero Services Org working with the Honeywell IT department. The infrastructure technology manager is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support Services infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support various Products and Business assets
Responsibilities for the ideal candidate include but would not be limited to:
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Work with engineers and developers to translate marketing requirements and development specifications into infrastructure requirements and support processes
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Additional skills desired:
- Support 24x7x365 operating environment
- Maintain current documentation of all network infrastructure
- Setup proper monitoring of all network infrastructure and generate (preferably automatically) monthly reports on the health/capacity of the network infrastructure
- An in depth understanding of how software applications interact with both hardware and software systems
- Demonstrable expertise in information systems theory across disciplines along with the skill required to put theory and industry best practice in the support context
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Communications and situational leadership skills to facilitate influence, leadership, and timely performance across multiple work groups in a virtual environment.
- Enable effective collaboration with the multiple peer organizations of application developers, infrastructure personnel, business and systems analysts
- Adherence to established security guidelines and industry best practice for network solutions
- Participate in troubleshooting efforts and take ownership of resolution
- Provide after-hours or weekend maintenance as needed
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Problem resolution including root cause analysis in the case of outages
- Facilitation in the on-call rotation and ownership of on-call responsibilities during your rotation
- The ability to define and write requirements for 3rd party managed solutions
- Systems Migration and transition planning of systems, application, and IT service functions
- Provide tier 3 technical support for deployed infrastructure technologies supporting Aerospace services.
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring of the performance of deployed connectivity terminals, both satellite and terrestrial based.
- Define the technology architecture standards and reference architectures.
- Evaluate and implement technological improvements to best support strategic business and technology planning.
- Ability to assess benefits and drawbacks of proposed products/solutions including comparing Honeywell IT solutions against third party alternate suppliers to create an objective recommendation that best supports the business agile needs and understands how new components will integrate into current system.
- Support the definition and promotion of best-practice documentation standards for Application teams
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field of study; in lieu of degree, minimum 5 years’ experience developing and managing infrastructure solutions.
- Minimum of 10 years Technology experience with a good mix of hands on implementation work across multiple technical disciplines. And mastery in one or more areas
- Minimum of 4 years’ system administration experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best
- Experience with Voice over IP technology
- Communications skills to facilitate influence performance across multiple work groups in a virtual environment.
- Self-motivated, process driven, results oriented and able to execute with little management oversight.
- Presentation skills and experience/comfort in speaking to large groups.
- Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Willing to travel 30% of the time.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Linux command-line experience
- Ability to operate in an extremely agile environment
- Flexibility to wear multiple hats
: Information Technology
: High School Diploma/GED
: Yes, 25 % of the Time