Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the company’s/division network, workstations, servers, databases, telecom equipment and peripherals; manages monitors and performs diagnostic to server and infrastructure application problems. Identifies, recommends, develops, implements, and supports cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the site. Manages scheduling software and databases and works in conjunction with software vendor to ensure 100% responsiveness of scheduling software services.
Note: This is for Future proposed business
- Establishes system and network parameters as necessary to bring about optimal network performance and monitors network equipment resources to ensure sufficient resources are available for continued processing.
- Reviews, monitors and controls all network activities and resource monitoring. Manage daily operations and assist and recommend future infrastructure upgrades. Maintain an inventory of computer equipment.
- Provides network and data security and management of network server processes. Maintain network firewalls and employee internet management software.
- Maintains subscriptions, routes, reporting and other aspects of operational changes in Trapeze and other scheduling software.
- Oversees planning for growth of network resources by identifying needed processing power and computer resources.
- Establishes procedures and standards for the orderly flow of data throughout the site network. Maintains licenses and registrations of network and user software.
- Manages the development, testing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrades, and support of IT systems, including data centers, databases, servers, operating systems, and associated hardware.
- Recommends purchase of equipment and supplies in order to meet operational requirements of the business.
- Conducts research and remains current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Maintains asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Develops maintenance schedules for routine work on systems to be conducted afterhours.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Develops maintenance schedules and policies/procedures.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Implements software upgrades and patches to ensure on-going network security and stability.
Experience & Skills Required:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Management, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, or other related area.
- 3 years of Paratransit IT experience required.
- 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and server operating systems.
- Experience with support of Windows Operating Systems, SQL Server and Active Directory.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning, development, and operations.
- Strong understanding of project management principles and practices.Strong leadership skills.
- Highly self motivated and self directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Microsoft and/or Unix certifications strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Trapeze software or other scheduling software including database maintenance and administration.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer