Chicago Athletic Association Hotel
This position will provide front line PC technical support to end users throughout the Chicago Area of hotels: Chicago Athletic Association, Thompson Chicago, Hotel Lincoln, Talbott Hotel, and Embassy Suites Deerfield. Responsible for overseeing and executing computing technology and support associated with Information Technology, ensuring alignment with the business strategies. Provide maintenance and support for desktop and laptop computers and provides end user support for hardware and software problems. This position involves direct hands-on support and troubleshooting for a variety of systems and equipment and will be responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, administering and troubleshooting equipment and software necessary for operation of the Local Area Network, Phone Systems, etc.
- Administration, security, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of all site hardware and software
- Support of end user, infrastructure, back office and guest environments
- Develop and maintain documentation of all hardware, systems and software licensing
- Technical on site project assistance for installations and upgrades of property systems and hardware
- Communicate and enforce adherence to all company IT security standards, practices and requirements
- Technology implementer partnering with site departments to develop criterion for software system implementation, upgrades and enhancements
- Administer regular and scheduled maintenance on all systems and equipment on site
- Ensure that all systems remain compliant with PCI standards
- Analyze information, identify current and potential problems, propose and execute solutions.
- Maintain, inspect and repair equipment as needed
- Inspect and ensure the maintenance of the equipment or the environment.
- Ensure that computer and network operations are monitored at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
- Consult on specific application issues or hardware/software problems
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Inform and/or update senior leaders and partners on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manage vendor relationships for property IT requirements, functioning as escalation point for problem resolution
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or similar preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience as IT Specialist or Technical Support serving a large network of users (100+) required. Prior supervisory or project management experience preferred.
- Prior experience requiring specialized troubleshooting skills needed.
- Prior experience in a full-service boutique or luxury hotel environment with in-depth interaction with customers preferred.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office required. Experience with web-based Outlook 365 required.
- Experience with a variety of server and data storage solutions required
- Experience with web-based communication programs needed.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal.
- Conversational abilities in other languages helpful.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be able to travel throughout a variety of building designs and between locations, up to 40 miles.
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays as business dictates.
Previously home to an elite athletic and social club, one of Chicago’s most beloved landmarks from the 1890’s is reborn as a bustling hotel playground, featuring a variety of iconic and unique restaurant and nightlife destinations, all in the heart of downtown. More than a restoration, Chicago Athletic Association is a revelation of historic architectural detail, from the grand marble staircases to the incomparable Cindy’s Rooftop, showcasing creative food and drink with unmatched views across Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
Two Roads Hospitality is a company with a vision. Our core values are the hallmark of everything we do. Through all of our collections and each of our properties, they describe every guest, owner, team member and partner. With more than 40 years of success in the hospitality industry, Two Roads Hospitality was reimagined in 2016. Included in our portfolio are the Alila Hotels & Resorts, Destination Hotels, Joie de Vivre Hotels, Thompson Hotels, and tommie Hotels brands. Whether you are just starting your hospitality journey or you’re an experienced traveler, we invite you to join our family.
Area of Interest
Type of Position
Mid and Senior Level Management
Chicago Athletic Association Hotel