Founded in 1998, Otter Products has become a global innovator of premium protective solutions for smartphone and tablet devices. At Otter Products, “We Grow to Give.” The company’s success is measured by this mission and brought to life through the OtterCares Foundation. A seven-time honoree on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S., Otter Products was also named one of “America’s Most Promising Companies” by Forbes Magazine and one of the “Healthiest Companies to Work for in America” by Greatist. The company is headquartered in Fort Collins, Colo., with offices in San Diego; Cork, Ireland; and Hong Kong.
Our company needs you! For real, we need our IT stuff to work smoothly so we can make things happen. Do you have mad IT skillz? Are you a leader everyone looks up to? Have we got the opportunity for you!
Otter Products is currently recruiting for an IT Operations Manager to join our outstanding IT operations team. This servant leader will be accountable for the totality (yup – this role is that important!) of IT infrastructure and operations (I&O) in the enterprise. In this role you will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure. To be successful you will utilize solid technical infrastructure experience, strong project management acumen, excellent vendor management skill along with a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to model servant leadership and create a supportive team environment. It wouldn’t hurt if you had a deep love for Stars Wars… Does this sound like you? If so, you may be just the Otter we’re looking for!
- Lead the development of the I&O strategy and roadmap, and ensures its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans.
- Act as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Develop and control the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for I&O to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan.
- Leverage influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of business goals.
- Participate in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Direct the development of I&O sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Work with HR and the IT leadership team to develop an I&O “people strategy” that aligns with the business and IT strategy.
- Continually looks for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the I&O workforce.
- Serve on IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure I&O delivers value to the enterprise.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the I&O leadership team and staff.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Minimum four years of IT and business/industry experience including one year in a supervisor, mentor, leader or manager role required.
- Minimum four years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts preferred.
Otter Products is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO).