Purpose: Merchants Fleet Management is growing and we’re looking for an experienced, talented, versatile and flexible program manager. You will work with the IT Team including project managers, analysts, QA staff, developers and sr. managers along with the various Business teams within Merchants. The Program Manager is a high-middle level management role who is responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, stability and executive level communications of project oriented work efforts. This includes processes, budgeting, tracking milestones, challenges, business and IT decisions and project/program impact, while ensuring that projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Information Technology.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans; preparing and completing actions plans; implementing production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards.
• Responsible for resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements and implementing change needed to make the program successful.
• Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
• Establish, implement and monitor project management processes and methodologies for the IT community.
• Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
• Directs and monitors work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Tracks key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
• Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
• Partners with Senior Management
• Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
• Develops budgets; responsible for coaching; involved in process improvement either identifying areas for improvement or working with the team to remove complexity and streamline processes;
• Team Player
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field and 15+ years professional experience working with IT projects that cover application development and infrastructure.
• Staffing, planning, people management, promoting process improvement, financial planning and strategic planning.
• Must be able and have experience dealing with complexity, analyzing information, and having a keen sense of vision toward future needs of the organization.
• Superb communication skills (samples of work may be requested).
• Must be experienced with Microsoft technologies, process and change management.
• Solid presentation skills to higher (and lower) levels, along with the ability to summarize at the Executive level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.