The IT Project Manager is responsible for the effective planning and management of IT projects to meet project commitments as well as communicating with sponsors, IT teams, customers, business teams, etc. This role will spend a significant amount of time on project management responsibilities and will lead teams in the planning and executing implementation of systems. The vision of the IT PMO is to support a consistent, enterprise-wide approach to project management in order to maximize the efficiency and predictability of project delivery and ensure alignment with company strategy and organizational goals. The mission of the IT PMO is to partner with the Client’s IT teams and business departments to facilitate governance of IT projects and provide project management standards, repeatable processes, and tools.
- Effectively lead the implementation of IT projects, utilizing PMO best practices, standards, and proven methodologies.
- Effectively communicate, define, and facilitate the definition and development of essential and required aspects of projects, such as their charter, goals, scope, tasks, resource requirements, etc.
- Develop and maintain project work plans and communicate project status with the project team, stakeholders, and leadership on a regular basis.
- Proactively coordinate project functions, tasks, and timings with IT teams and others associated with projects.
- Facilitate risk analysis and development of mitigation plans, and proactively monitor risks throughout the project life cycle.
- Resolve and/or assist in resolving issues within and between projects and/or functional areas.
- Manage projects to respective budgets and ensure appropriate resource allocations.
- Proactively assist with the development and improvement of standard project management tools and processes.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or business, or related field or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- Active and accredited project management certification required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in areas of project management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously without compromising quality.
- Ability to effectively assess project needs and resources to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to operate and influence at a strategic level, deliver results, and maintain composure and professionalism despite organizational noise.
- Ability to communicate complex issues/solutions in a manner that is easily understood and actionable despite the audience.
- Ability to establish solid working relationships and partnerships with teams across the organization.
- Ability to work independently and proactively drive all assignments to completion on time.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, strong analytical skills, and pay specific attention to details.
- Refined written, verbal, and presentations skills with the ability to swiftly shift approach based on audience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive data at all times.