The Cyber Security Analyst is a key member of the GSS Team which provides information security and risk management support for B&W business worldwide. This position will be focused on many aspects of information security with particular emphasis on SIEM, managed services and security public relations. This position is expected to be fully aware of the enterprise security goals as established by the stated policies, procedures and guidelines ; and to actively work towards upholding these goals. This position may require occasional travel.
Participate as a member of the Global Security Team in incident response, security engineering and cyber training processes and procedures. Work with the PMO team to ensure timely completion of project deadlines, including conceptual design, solution development, deployment, technical support and documentation. Serve as the primary technical resource for Service Management and assume a leadership role for supporting security applications.
Position will be heavily involved with GSS managed services. This position will include involvement at all levels of managed service, and will require significant vendor involvement. Responsible for the establishment of service levels, on-going management, key performance indicators, reporting and vendor relationship management.
Work closely with information security specialists to understand and prioritize the remediation of identified vulnerabilities, as well as track the status of these activities. Leverage best practices, techniques and tools for project planning, execution, project management, communication and key performance metrics. Help build develop and grow business relationships vital to the success of the GSS.
- 2 year technical education beyond high school, Associates Degree preferred
- Equivalent work experience acceptable
- Relevant technical certificates a plus
- 1-3 years work experience with Cybersecurity
- Demonstrates self-discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Able to complete assignment with minimal direction
- Must be able to succeed in a team environment
- Must adapt to rapidly changing technologies
- Microsoft required, Linux knowledge a plus
- Interest in expanding one’s knowledge in the technology industry
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Charlotte, NC – Ballantyne (100)
13024 Ballantyne Corp Pl
: Information Technology
Job Type: Salaried – Salaried Full Time Exempt
Employee Status: Full-Time Salaried
DOE Clearance Required?: No
: Yes, 5 % of the Time