Who We Are
Account Control Technology, Inc. (ACT) delivers consultative debt recovery, accounts receivable management (A/R) and other business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions to help businesses and organizations focus on what they do best, while helping consumers recover their financial future.
At ACT, we focus on ethical business practices in the firm belief that treating people with respect will produce the best outcomes. We also share an optimistic outlook, emphasizing that working hard to achieve goals now will produce a brighter future. Our debt recovery and collection agency exceeds the highest standards in data security, advanced technology, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, collection agent training and ethical conduct, ensuring consumers are treated with respect and our clients receive outstanding results.
- Work hard to be the best
- Adhere to high ethical principles
- Communicate with respect and empathy
- Make a difference for our clients and community
- Create a fun environment that inspires innovation
We are looking for a technology enthusiast. Someone who thrives on complex issues with sleeves rolled up, and is personally invested in making sure that needs of the organization are met. We have a dynamic team that serves a rapidly growing company… this is challenging and rewarding work, and we are looking to find someone who is willing to look past the glamourous side of technology and focus on the ability to use intellect and tenacity to work towards the needs of our company. If this sounds like a good fit for you, and the job description speaks to you, we would love to review your application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain all company (ACT, and subsidiaries) security compliance items, including but not limited to;
- Physical Security of the Buildings (where applicable)
- System Access security
- Application security
- Network security
- Security Policies Compliance
- FISMA, PCI, and other compliance training, auditing and monitoring
- Respond to RFPs and client audits as needed
- Perform internal security audits and reconciliations to remain compliant
- Develop and test DR/BC Plans.
- Disaster Recovery
- Provide Strategic Support, including but not limited to;
- Work with the Information Security Officer (ISO) to develop and maintain a security program and security projects that address identified risks and business security requirements.
- Manage the process of gathering, analyzing and assessing the threat landscape, as well as providing the Information Security Officer (ISO) with a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment.
- Monitor and report on compliance with security policies, as well as the enforcement of policies within the IT department.
- Propose changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure operating efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Other tasks as assigned by the corporate Information Security Officer (ISO)
- Act as Security Liaison, as needed. These tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit failures reported by auditors, and as identified by automated compliance monitoring tools.
- As needed, provide security communication, awareness and training for audiences, which may range from senior leaders to field staff.
- Work with the Information Security Officer (ISO) and IT and business stakeholders to define metrics and reporting strategies that effectively communicate successes and progress of the security program.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree desired.
- Education in Information Technology with a focus on Security
- A minimum of 3-4 years experience as a system and network administration preferably in a call center environment and/or equivalent.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to interact with company personnel, build strong relationships at all levels, and across all business units and organizations, and understand business imperatives.
- Moderate leadership skills, with the ability to initiate, lead, monitor and consistently report on security related projects.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the IT organization, project teams, management and business personnel.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs to security controls; an excellent understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
- A working knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Strong analytical skills to analyze security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls.
- An understanding of operating system internals and network protocols.
- Knowledge of security testing (vulnerability scanning and penetration testing).
Special Credentials, Certifications, Licenses, Registrations, etc.:
- CISSP, SANS, or other industry security certification
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility.
- Be able to carry and install computer equipment.