Note: Local candidates to the Little Rock area only. US citizens and Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B, F1 or EAD candidates at this time. Direct-hire full-time opportunity, no contractors please.
Who are we?
We are an international global leader that facilitates the movement of payments around the world. We provide secure electronic financial transaction solutions and have received notable industry accolades for our financial success and business innovations. With three primary business segments and local operations in 55 countries, we employ approximately 5,600 professionals worldwide.
Why should you join our team?
- A fast-paced, high-energy, fun and positive world class EFT Information Security Team is something that you want to be a part of
- Complex security problems and finding solutions excites you
- You love working with people on an international scale
What is this all about?
We’re growing our security team in the United States. This role is based in Little Rock, Arkansas but will be reporting to the EFT Segment Security Officer in Budapest Hungary.
What will I do?
Our Security Operations involves engineering and our Incident Response involves a lot of analysis and investigation. The person we hire must know:
- What the difference is between something intercepted on the Session Layer vs. something that was intercepted on the Application Layer and what happens if something is executed on a System under the System Account vs. what happens if the same thing is executed under the Network Account
- What the System Account will affect and what can be reached with it vs. what the Network Account will affect and what can be reached with it
- What a Base64 Encoded URL looks like versus what a Binary Encoded URL looks like.
- How to detect someone trying to use a DNS Tunnel vs. someone trying to use an HTTP/HTTPS/ICMP Tunnel
- How to setup a RedHat Linux Server to run a NESSUS Scanner on it, install and configure a HIPS solution on it, configure Log Forwarding to a SIEM System and Access-Lists for all the Services running on the System
- How to adapt so that if we have to switch from one technology to another you will not be intimidated to “dig down” to gather and read documentation, papers, journals, etc. on the new technology (whatever it may be) to be able to get the job done
You’ll be responsible for maintaining the logical security infrastructure of our company, which is used to secure the electronic transactions and services and solutions provided to internal users and external customers.
- You’ll work with a variety of tools and technologies to secure the infrastructure, as well as gain deep knowledge of information security standards to ensure business is conducted in a secure manner
- You’ll manage and control Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention (IDS/IPS) on both a host and on a network level, the company’s security information and event management system, anti-malware infrastructure and ATM security infrastructure
- Suggest mitigation strategies and solutions for the findings of the vulnerability management program
- Play a major role in designing secure solutions for the network and system infrastructure
- Create rules and alerts to identify, mitigate and/or be notified about 0-day exploits and threats
- Work with external consultants on independent security audits
- Our technology environment consists of both the Microsoft and iSeries AS/400 platforms
What skills and experience are required?
- 4-year degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field is a must
- Minimum of 6-months (internship) and no more than 1 year of IT security experience using tools and techniques for host-based or network-based intrusion and detection or prevention, virus detection and development of incident response programs
- Willingness to dig in and learn on the fly, enjoying working under tight deadlines
- Analytical, critical thinker, dedicated, adaptable, planner, manage time well, initiative taker
- Enjoy working with geographically and culturally diversified teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- We value certifications (CEH, MCSE, CCNA, Network+ Security+, SSCP, etc.)
Salary: Up to $60K (DOE)
* A complete background search and pre-employment drug screen will be conducted as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
* US citizens and Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B, F1 or EAD candidates at this time.
* Direct-hire full-time opportunity. No contractors please.
* Local candidates to the Little Rock City area only.
All works © ALTEK, LLC-2017
Please do not reproduce without the expressed written consent of ALTEK, LLC