WiredPeople is searching for qualified applicants for a contracted IT Security Analyst position in the Austin, Texas area. An IT Security Analyst will be needed through August 31, 2018 with the possibility of extension based on organization need.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with matrixed or multi-discipline teams and participate in security-related decision-making for the TXCSES 2.0 Child Support system.
- Recommend and implement information security related strategies and proposals, and identify and manage security-related tasks for the TXCSES 2.0 project work plan.
- Support ongoing compliance activities by researching and evaluating security policies and practices, industry standards and regulations.
- Recommend system and procedural changes in an effort to avoid security breaches.
- Assist in the development of system security plans and the delivery of a vulnerability management program.
- 7 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Oversees and/or performs the design and deployment of security infrastructure and program activities; the implementation of information system security plans with agency personnel and outside vendors.
- Develops and/or coordinates the development of agency policies for encryption of data transmissions and the erection of firewalls to conceal information as it is being transmitted and to eliminate tainted digital transfers. Develops, recommends, and implements plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Advises management and users regarding security procedures. Confers with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- Performs and reviews technical risk assessments and reviews of new and existing applications and systems, including data center physical security and environment.
- Modifies and monitors computer files to incorporate new software and virus protection systems, correct errors, or change individual access status. Monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to protect data systems and databases from unauthorized users.
- Regulates and reviews access to computer data files and prevents unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information. Researches, evaluates, and recommends systems and procedures for the prevention, detection, containment, and correction of data security breaches.
- Trains users and promotes security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- 5 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Manages the work of project security analysts and other project team members.
- Leads cross-functional project reams, including but not limited to: providing guidance, making assignments, and monitoring project progress to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Identifies, tracks, and resolves project problems and issues; ensures appropriate staff are involved in the decision-making and that issues are escalated to project owners, stakeholders, and executive management, as appropriate; and documents and communicates issues and their resolutions to project team and project leadership.
- Experience with the Texas Child Support Program is preferred.
WiredPeople provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WiredPeople complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.