The IT Security Analyst I is an entry level position that assists in efforts to ensure that Arbella’s information technology platform is appropriately secured. A core function of the Security Analyst I is to provide ongoing review of the security measures employed by Arbella, review effectiveness of current security posture, and recommend improvements when appropriate. These measures often include written security policy as well as deployed security technology. It will be the responsibility of the Security Analyst I to define measurements and performance indicators to highlight and communicate opportunities for improvement in Arbella’s security framework. This will include enhancements to Information Security policies, standards, and guidelines. This individual will work with teams across the entire IT organization to help ensure that awareness and help drive actions to improve Arbella’s Security Posture.
The scope of influence for a Security Analyst crosses all technical disciplines within IT and will focus on the prevention and remediation of security threats to Arbella’s information assets. This position typically reports administratively to an IS Manager I or IS Manager II. The IT Security Analyst I generally requires moderate supervision but is able to complete most tasks with relative independence. The IT Security Analyst I can be assigned small projects or small key project components in support of larger information technology efforts and demonstrate effective organization, execution, and self-starting skills. Decision making authority includes general support decisions.
- Primary responsibility of a Security Analyst I is to assist in analysis of the effectiveness of current security policies, standards, procedures and controls and provide recommendations that are aligned with industry best practice and Arbella business need.
- Assist in the development and update of security policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that all identified security risks are mitigated.
- Assist in incident management and remediation activities.
- Help coordinate and compile thorough documentation and remediation of security incidents.
- Assist in Information Security’s partnership with IT and business units to identify gaps in security policies and standards, and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Work to understand and monitor emerging threats and vulnerabilities; assist Information Security with efforts to partner with IT teams to identify and evaluate technology enhancements including perimeter and internal protection tools and practices
- Continued learning and development of expertise in the field of Information Security to assist in ensuring that Arbella’s IT Security practice remains appropriately aligned with industry trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security related field of study or commensurate working experience preferred.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Strong working knowledge of Information Security best practices preferred
- Demonstrates clear, effective, and diplomatic oral communication skills and above average written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of various information technologies, including networking, servers, desktops, firewalls and security appliances is desired; some hands-on experience would be preferred.
- Please note visa sponsorship is not offered for this job opportunity.