Business Unit:FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
FreeWheel is hiring a IT Security Engineer based in our New York office and will report to the Sr. IT Security Manager. This position is part of the team responsible for securing a 24X7 globally distributed video Ad serving platform. Candidate will support the Freewheel Production and Corporate functions in assessing network security needs and planning, designing, implementing and maintaining network security solutions to ensure that the infrastructure and end-user computing environment remains secure. Duties include daily network vulnerability and exploit monitoring; design and implementation of Network Access Control solutions; formulation of an intrusion detection and prevention methodology and data loss prevention architecture; coordination of 3rd party infrastructure security assessments including network penetration testing; and participation in Production and Enterprise strategic security initiatives. The successful candidate for this role will be self-motivated and reliable.
– Performs Network Security Monitoring and Incident Response. Escalates findings and remediates as required.
– Acquires an understanding of the fundamental business activities performed by FreeWheel and recommends adoption of appropriate cybersecurity solutions which protect these activities.
– Assists in the implementation and execution of the CIS Critical Security Controls at FreeWheel.
– Assists in the design, implementation, and maintenance of intrusion detection, data loss prevention, and NAC solutions.
– Formulates and documents the methodology and procedure to be followed for periodic infrastructure security assessments, including 3rd party tools and services as required (e.g. 3rd party network penetration testing, etc.).
– Candidate will assist with the development and documentation of IT Security policies and procedures, including Access Controls, Application Security, Data Classification, Incident Response, Patch and Vulnerability Management, Remote Access, and Ad-hoc Audits.
– Candidate will participate in conducting a comprehensive campus infrastructure security assessment at least once per year.
– Candidate will participate in Security and Infrastructure Architecture discussions and planning.
– Assists with the development and maintenance of an enterprise-wide information security awareness, education and training program.
– BS or Master’s in Computer Science, Information System, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
– Generally requires 4+ years of IT Security, Network, and / or Linux System Administration experience in a dynamic production environment supporting online advertising, online media, or related industry.
– Ability to provide off-hours coverage and willingness to be on call.
– Demonstrated experience using vulnerability scanning tools, as well as network security and monitoring tools, such as IDS/IPS, Nexpose, Qualys, Splunk, and Wireshark.
– Experience with configuring, managing, and optimizing existing security toolsets and identifying new or improved processes and solutions.
– Experience with Security Operations Management and support.
– Must be detailed oriented and be able to maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and
– He or she needs to be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse, highly educated, and energetic colleagues across all departments within Freewheel.
– Experience with bash or python scripting is preferred.
– Prior experience with AWS or a SaaS provider is a plus.
– Experience with Application Security Assessment tools is a plus.
Life is short. Work someplace great. FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now? Apply here!
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. At this time, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes, please. Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries.