As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
This position is for a IT Security Specialist responsible for supporting a variety of information security functions.
- Effectively respond to case work relating to privacy, computer security vulnerabilities, phishing, malware, and forensic investigations
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness
- Lead and manage security incidents to ensure timely mitigation and remediation efforts are completed
- Investigate network anomalies and other cyber security events to determine the cause and extent of exposure and overall risk to the environment
- Preserve, harvest, and process electronic data according to company policies and regulatory requirements
- Participate in forensic investigations as required, to include the collection, preservation of electronic evidence, analysis, and creation of a final report
- Preserve and forensically analyze data from electronic data sources, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices
- Produce high quality oral and written work, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely with audiences ranging from peers to Sr. Management
- Development and upkeep of standard operating procedures with the insight to know when new ones need to be developed
- Be familiar with current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a directly related field.
- Two to four years of professional IT experience.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative and communication skills, and strong judgment.
- Experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be highly skilled and proficient in problem solving, with an aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical solutions and recommendations
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities
- Must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven, and adaptable
- Understanding of APT, Cyber Crime and other associated tactics
- Experience with host based detection and prevention suites (McAfee EPO, OSSEC, Yara, MIR, CarbonBlack, Tanium, etc.)
- Experience with host-centric tools for forensic collection and analysis (FTK, Helios, RegRipper, ProDiscover, SIFT, Encase, etc.)
- Experience with malware and reverse engineering (Dynamic and static analysis)
- Working knowledge of secure communication methods, including Secure Shell, S/MIME and PGP/GPG
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.