Job ID: 38881
Location: Evanston, Illinois
Department: IT Technology Support Svcs
The IT Service Management Analyst performs tasks related to the efficient and effective operation of the IT change management process. Leads day-to-day IT change management process operations. Facilitates and documents weekly normal and ad-hoc emergency change advisory board activities. Consolidates feedback and recommends change management process improvements. Regularly updates change management process documentation.
Provides analysis and reporting for IT operations. Develops recommendations for Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) and metrics reporting methodologies. Builds and documents regular and ad-hoc KPI and metrics reports to support IT management. Researches and analyzes ITSM process data and creates reports of data and results.
- Contributes with management and peers to document and analyze ITSM process reporting and change process requirements and ensure all deliverables are completed (adhering to approved methodology and documentation standards).
- Provides consultation to customers on appropriate change management methodologies.
- Implements project plans, rolls out communications and training materials.
- Drafts accurate documentation of process, procedure, and reporting.
- Identifies and recommends best practice alternative approaches for reporting and ITSM process methodologies.
- Works closely with team members, customers, colleagues and other stakeholders to continually improve performance and increase efficiencies while maintaining process compliance and encouraging best practices.
- Interprets process data using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation to more complex statistical analysis.
- Participates in ITSM process analysis and design.
- In preparation for regular and ad-hoc review, assists in the development of RFCs by participants including the evaluation of impact, risk, communication, and potential conflicts with other Requests for Change.
- Facilitates weekly Change Advisory Board and ad-hoc Emergency Change Advisory Board meetings; Documents all CAB and ECAB actions and decisions.
- Develops and presents data reporting and visualization products, particularly for service desk data.
- Provides ad-hoc and regular metrics and reporting for management.
- Reviews transactional issue data and identifies/reports potential process issues.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 years experience in IT change management, metrics and reporting, ITSM process management, or other relevant experience required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Working understanding of IT Service Management processes (Incident, Request, Problem, Change, and Release).
- Demonstrated data fluency.
- Demonstrated ability to drive process and ensure accountability without direct authority.
- Experience developing written functional documentation and training materials.
- Experience providing process or technology training and consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships throughout an organization.
- Experience developing and reporting KPIs and metrics.
- Meeting facilitation.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- 4 years’ experience in IT change management, metrics and reporting, or other relevant experience.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Thorough knowledge of the relationships between Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management, and a desire to improve that understanding in others.
- Data modeling and warehousing experience.
- Experience creating data visualizations in Tableau.
- Experience developing executive-level metrics briefings.
- Demonstrated fluency in data analytics resulting in process or data gathering improvements.
- Experience implementing and improving IT processes.
- Knowledge of Agile processes.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.