- Job Description
- The Mueller Company is headquartered in Chattanooga, TN and manufactures valves for water and gas systems, including iron gate, butterfly, tapping, check, plug, and ball valves, as well as dry-barrel and wet-barrel fire hydrants; pipe repair products, such as clamps and couplings used to repair leaks, as well as municipal castings, including manhole covers and street drain grates; and residential and commercial water meter products and systems. It also offers metering, leak detection, pipe condition assessment, and other products and services for the water infrastructure industry, as well as provides installation, replacement, and maintenance services on new and existing valves, fire hydrants, and service lines.
The primary function of the person filling this position is to manage IT services at the Mueller Company facilities located in Chattanooga and Cleveland, TN with a core focus on end-user technical support, manufacturing I.T. support, Active Directory administration, and Windows server support. The IT Services Manager performs technical work installing, operating and providing second level support for manufacturing systems, local area networks, servers, personal computers, and the telephony system. Additionally, the IT Services Manager supports the organization’s strategic objectives and advises business unit and IT leadership of potential process improvements, infrastructure development and enhancements that support key deliverables.
- Resolve problems reported by end users for software, personal computers, servers and local area networks. Provides answers to complex questions related to these systems.
- Provide support for servers and other network components including some installation, configuration and maintenance
- Monitor the performance of the network; reports problems to the appropriate individuals.
- Monitor and maintain Disaster Recovery backups of servers and critical network equipment.
- Train users in the use of business software, and hardware.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of work.
Required Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the operation and support of personal computers and local area networks
- Knowledge of standard networking protocols
- Ability to interact with LAN and WAN vendors
- Knowledge of telephony systems both analog/digital and VOIP
- Ability to understand and follow complex and written instructions
- Ability to convey complex information to others in training situations
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage others in a technical working environment
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical and computer related problems
- Ability to prepare appropriately for disaster recovery.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; obtain first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Technical Competence: Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one’s job effectively.
- Innovation: Continuously looks for better ways to satisfy our consumers, both internal and external, with incremental improvements in quality, durability, service, and cost.
- Teamwork: Is able to lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to achieve a common goal.
- Required Experience
- Four plus years of end-user technical support.
- Four plus years of networking fundamentals.
- Four plus years with Microsoft Windows Server experience.
- Outstanding PC/Systems knowledge and skills.
- Strong leadership, communications and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers and outside professionals.
- Must be willing to travel and possess a current passport.
- Experience in providing I.T. support in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Job Location
- Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Employee Referral Eligible?
Tier 2-Exempt Professionals