Department: Hill Air Force Base
Agency: Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number: 8L-DM-1816234-778071-DMM
SALARY RANGE: $59,246 to $77,019 Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, October 3, 2016 to Friday, October 7, 2016
SERIES & GRADE: GS-2210-11/11
POSITION INFORMATION: Multiple Schedules
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 11
DUTY LOCATIONS: Hill AFB, UT
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
Hill Air Force Base provides worldwide engineering and logistics management for the F-16 Fighting Falcon, A-10 Thunderbolt II, and the Minuteman III ICBM, and performs depot maintenance of the F-16, A-10, and C-130 Hercules aircraft. The base is located between Ogden and Salt Lake City. The area is known for year round activities, including skiing, hiking, boating, extreme sports, fishing and hunting, with four distinct seasons, low humidity and moderate snow fall in the valley.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE 388TH FIGHTER WING/CVN BUT MAY BE USED TO FILL OTHER LIKE POSITIONS THROUGHOUT HILL AFB.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship Required
PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance
This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
DRUG TESTING: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED FOR DRUG TESTING. IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO URINALYSIS TESTING PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT AND YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO RANDOM URINALYSIS TESTING AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
As an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) you willserve as the 388th Wing Fighter Enhancement Program (FEP) and Cold War fighter (CW) Information Assurance Officer (IAO) with responsibility for planning, implementation, quality assurance, configuration, installation, integration, maintenance testing operational integrity and systems security of automatedInformation Systems (AIS) and Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) systems. Serves as the wing interface on all information assurance matters for assigned projects/programs. You will also:
-Organize and execute Information Assurance activities of the wing Advanced Programs Office, ensuring that Information Security and Automated Information Systems Security functional work areas at wing-level and subordinate organizations comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meet customer needs.
-Serve as administrator for Wing Advanced Programs local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN).
-Implement the Advanced Programs Network Security Program.
-Provide customer technical assistance, training, and support, both at home station and during deployed operations and exercises.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyance in accordance with Joint Travel Regulations may be required in performance of TDY.
- The position is designated for drug resting. Incumbent will be subject to random testing for drug use.
- Consent to counterintelligence (CI) polygraphs and signature of non-disclosure agreement is a condition of employment. Refusal to sign said agreements or to polygraph will result in termination of employment.
- This position Emergency Essential (E-B). In the event of a crisis situation, the incumbent or designated alternate, must continue to perform the E-E duties until relieved by proper authority. The incumbent or the designated alternate may be required to take part in readiness exercises. This position cannot be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization without seriously impairing the capability of the organization to function effectively. This meets the criteria of an E-E position and requires that the incumbent, or the designated alternate, be removed from any military recall status.
- This position may be designated as a key position IAW AFI 36-507-Duties of this position may be locally determined to be essential to accomplishment of wartime/contingency operations. Incumbent of key positions must be removed from their military recall status if alternative for filling of the position during an emergency are not available.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required.
You must meet the BASIC requirements specified in the section titled EDUCATION or the requirements specified in the section titled EXPERIENCE along with the SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE requirement.
EXPERIENCE: For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level close to the work of this job that has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform. Typically we would find this experience in work within this field or a field that is closely related. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09), pay band or equivalent. Specialized experience is described as assist in planning, design, development, procurement, configuration, installation, and maintenance of network systems to include the LAN/WAN. Provide security oversight for all guest systems in wing’s facilities, to include both government and contractor. Implements and advises subordinate levels on IT security policies and procedures to ensure protection of information transmitted. Use of current and future multi-level security products to provide data integrity, confidentiality, authentication and access control the LAN. Provide ongoing technical support to customers to ensure proper functional use of equipment and programs and to preclude undue interruptions of IT services.
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a full range of IT principles, methods, regulations, policies, products and services sufficient to manage a classified security enclave,computers, communications, industrial, information, physical and personnel security programs.
- Knowledge of IT security requirements for certification and accreditation, network operations and protocols, systems testing and evaluation and performance management methods sufficient to plan and conduct security accreditations reviews for installed systems/networks and assess/advise on new or revised security measures and counter measures based on the results of accreditation reviews.
- Knowledge of Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Program information, industrial, physical, operational and personnel security principles, practices and policies as they apply to information systems security.
- Knowledge of operating systems, associated devices, and the interoperability of systems sufficient to install, upgrade, troubleshoot, test, and maintain those systems: to optimize the functionality and performance of systems and to ensure the availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of servers.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work tasks even without direct intervention from the supervisor.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment. Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of “not qualified” or “insufficient information” and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview of benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here.To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 80or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is “most recent”. It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- A complete Occupational Questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, October 07, 2016.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answersbutton at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 1816234. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144. All supporting documents should be uploaded to your USAJOBS account and included with your application package. Faxing documents should be used as a last resort; do not fax duplicate documents.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please Note:The numbering of the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire in Section 25 of the of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which continuously numbers from number one, while the Questionnarie starts each section of questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume – If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
- If applying under ICTAP eligibility, all supporting documents must be provided at the time of your application. Please refer to the ICTAP portion of the ‘Benefits & Other Info’ section of this announcement.
- DD214 or “Certification” of service (Document must reflect character of service)
- SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, if applicable
- Veteran Administration Letter of Disability Rating, if applicable
VETERANS AND ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS: The appointing authorities for Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA), and 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans, as well as all claims of veterans’ preference for employment, require proof of active duty service. Proof of creditable active duty is usually demonstrated by submitting a DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with your application. For active duty members who have not yet received a DD214, the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) to Hire Heroes Act (5 U.S.C., Chapter 21, Section 2108a) allows you to furnish a “certification” of your active service. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the “certification” is submitted. Agencies are required to accept, process, and grant tentative veterans’ preference to those active duty service members who submit a certification along with their job application materials. The “certification” must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. If you are claiming veterans’ preference for employment or are applying for consideration under the VRA, VEOA, or 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans appointment authorities and fail to provide a DD214 or valid “certification” of service with your initial application, you will not be afforded veterans’ preference and/or will be found ineligible for consideration. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent. If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
WILL NOT ACCEPT MAILED APPLICATIONS
PLEASE FAX TO 478-757-3144