The IT Support Specialist will oversee, maintain, modify, install and support the home office systems and store based point-of-sale (POS) systems. This is a 24×7 multi-site multi-state restaurant environment and therefore this individual may be required to perform duties during off hours.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and maintain point-of-sale (POS) hardware and software.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Provide end-user support by monitoring and responding to Help Desk requests or as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepare new laptop/desktop hardware for new-hires and ongoing tech refresh cycles.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify desktop and Windows-based server system performance.
- Ensures security-based policies are enforced throughout the company’s infrastructure.
- Maintains network performance, troubleshooting network problems and when necessary escalating problems to vendor.
- Administer PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance Reporting & Logging
- Perform or assist with inventory of IT assets.
- Develops and maintains systems documentation and Knowledge Base entries.
- Write instruction guides for common tasks to be user self-help guides.
- Firmware & Software Upgrades; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Maintains VOIP Telephony experience with Cisco and ShoreTel
- 5+ years of experience as a POS (NCR Aloha preferred) and/or Systems Administrator in a multi-site environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Hands on experience working with and configuring multiple operating systems, including all versions of Windows and MAC OSX along with mobile platforms iOS and Android
- Experience with desktop/server imaging and software deployment.
- Must be able to work on a team and inspire increased productivity from teammates
- Must be able to think and adapt quickly to meet business need
- Experience in managing network equipment
- Ability to accurately document and maintain pertinent information
- Takes initiative to achieve value-added results within scope of responsibility
- Familiarity with Enterprise technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to work in a team-oriented, supportive environment
- Ability to work 1 weekend per month in an emergency on-call rotation.
- POS System Experience, especially NCR Aloha, is a plus
- PCI Compliance Experience is a plus
- Expert knowledge of OS X and Windows.
- Knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
- System experience including OS installation, configuration, database administration, troubleshooting, software installation, performance monitoring and disaster recove
- Basic networking and Wi-Fi knowledge such as DHCP, DNS, subnets, VLAN
- Can work with little supervision and use sound judgment to escalate issues
- On-call experience working in a production environment preferred