Blue Ion provides the best, leading-edge global support services to a variety of international organizations and focuses on increasing operational efficiencies so that customers can focus on their core business.
This is a senior role and can be remote based as the majority of the work can be done remotely. However, it would be ideal for the person to reside near one of our major offices ie. Jhb/Dbn.
We are looking for a talented and multi skilled IT Support Specialist to join our dynamic team of IT professionals. The successful candidate should have a passion for IT and lots of solid working experience supporting various different technologies such as Windows Desktop and Server, Linux Server, Network and Security and Virtualised Cloud based and onsite infrastructures. He/she should have their own reliable transport and be able to work remotely without interruptions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure day to day monitoring and performance of infrastructure components including servers (Windows and Linux), pc’s (Windows and Mac), network, storage and other infrastructure components in a heterogeneous environment.
- Support the Google Suite and Office 365 environments.
- Setup and Support various different Firewalls.
- Support and manage Network and IT security across various different platforms and technologies.
- Establish and manage relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Ensure optimal uptime of the IT infrastructure across various offices and geographic locations.
- Ensure proactive preventive maintenance of Data centre, servers, network components and other infrastructure components.
- Plan and manage hardware replacement lifecycle.
- Manage and Support Windows Desktop and Server Infrastructure
- Manage and support all email services.
- Manage Switches, VoIP telephony and CCTV systems.
- Support Virtual and physical Infrastructure for Servers and Desktops.
- Manage and Support redundancy and Disaster Recovery systems.
- Ensure monitoring and management of generator systems, UPS and alternate power systems.
- Ensure procedure documents and training material is up to date.
- Implementing new hardware, infrastructure components and technologies.
- Compile monthly reports for the Head of IT.
- Execute Duties in accordance with ITIL framework guidelines
- Be available on standby for afterhours support when necessary.
- Effectively manage support calls on the IT Helpdesk by providing continual feedback, timeous resolution to meet SLA’s and follow-up calls subsequent to closure.
- Make recommendations for improving processes.
- Training and assisting other members of the IT Team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years in a senior IT support role with related experience.
- Solid experience migrating from Google suite to Office 365 environments.
- Solid Network, Server and Desktop Security experience.
- Solid Firewall experience.
- Solid Networking skills.
- Solid understanding and experience of cloud based email server setup and support e.g. Google Suite, Office 365 environments.
- Strong experience in Virtualised environments. Eg. Microsoft Hyper-V, Proxmox etc
- Hardware and software troubleshooting process. Ability to critically analyse a symptom, diagnose a fault, plan and take appropriate action on equipment including Servers, PCs, printers and networking.
- Knowledge of hardware components and hardware troubleshooting procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and desktop software.
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP/s, FTP.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Deadline driven and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be setup to work from home without interruption.
- Degree or 3 year Diploma in Information Technology preferred.
- Internationally certified A+ and Network+/CCNA.
- Internationally certified Microsoft Desktop and Server qualifications.
- Azure / VMWare Certifications advantageous.
- Office 365 environment
- Desktop Security
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Azure / VMWare Certification
Desired Qualification Level:
Learn more/Apply for this position