Maintains IT applications to ensure information technology resource availability for staff and customers. Candidate must possess a strong background within MS Windows system administration, and have some knowledge of commonly-used concepts, best practices, and fundamentals within information security. This position will perform a wide spectrum of information security, system engineering, system administration, and business intelligence tasks.
Systems Engineer Job Duties
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies network and client systems by programming, testing, debugging and installing hardware and software to support organization’s applications and BI infrastructure.
- Assists with the evaluation and recommendation of hardware and software consistent with the organization’s short and long-term objectives.
- Recommends, implements and manages Active Directory Group Policies, solutions data warehousing, SharePoint, SQL Server, data center operations and network/server monitoring.
- Works with vendors as needed for software set up, documenting, troubleshooting and reinstallation of failed software.
- Serves as IT Security Officer and works closely with compliance on investigations as well as creating and implementing IT security SOPs.
- Execute policies and procedures for responding to IT security incidents, and for investigating and reporting IT security violations and incidents; assist the organization with forensic investigations as needed.
- Candidate will help assist with System Patch Management (SPM); Vulnerability Management (VM), to include vulnerability scanning based on threats and/or regulatory compliance requirements; IT Security Project Management; and assist with the day-to-day IT security Operations and Maintenance for all systems.
- Implement and maintain a computer hardware imaging process for the deployment of new computers to the work ensuring each system has all current software and hardware patches installed along with anti-virus and firewall configuration settings.
- Has a base knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Technology security field with a desire to gain more advanced knowledge
- Implement and maintain account access process and procedures to create, change, and delete or disable access to any HSS software resource under the operational control of the IT department.
- Expands IT knowledge base through department training sessions, joint and group projects, independent research, and other available methods.
- Monitoring notification software communication while on call, in response to a system outage, weekly maintenance activities, hardware and/or software installs and upgrades
- Drives to remote sites as needed for testing, troubleshooting, installing, and maintenance of equipment.
- Is aware of and enforces standards associated with HIPAA privacy and security rules.
- Works after hours, both on-site and remotely as needed
- Participates in the rotating on-call schedule for evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to support operations.
- Acts as back up for the other engineering team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: Director of IT
Supervision Exercised: None
Education: Associates Degree in information technology preferred.
Work Experience: 3-5 years applications and/or security experience.
Cognitive Skills (Language, Math, Reasoning Ability): Strong customer service skills, ability to negotiate, excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong reasoning and critical thinking abilities, decision-making capability required.
Computer Skills: Must have knowledge of general Microsoft programs. Knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting many technologies including, but not limited to Windows Server, Active Directory, Cloud based technology, SQL, SharePoint, Interfaces and future technologies as they are utilized by the organization.
Certificates and Licenses: Any computer, server, security, or network certifications a plus.
- · HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.