North Orange County Community College District
Position Number: 2015413P
Location: Fullerton College
Department: FC Academic Computing Technologies
Percentage of Employment: 100%
Months of Employment: 12 Months Per Year
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (Schedule and shift are subject to change in accordance with department needs.)
- Installs, configures, tests, and maintains hardware and software including workstations, printers and other computer-related devices, and new and upgraded software. Develop scripts to distribute images and installation packages. Create, test, manage, troubleshoot and maintain operating system images for all platforms in production.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems providing technical maintenance and repair support to end users. Manage out-of-warranty hardware repairs including recommendations of parts to be ordered. Directs more complex problems to higher level technical personnel and/or arranges for equipment service for major repairs.
- Maintains network systems and servers; installs and configures network software and interfaces at workstation level; maintains network security; configures software, user accounts, and web pages for District departments and personnel.
- Manages the phone system and main circuit; communicates with staff on phone requests and issues.
- Configures and test video conference equipment with Service Provider; schedules video conference for the District and for all other community colleges.
- Runs and monitors the daily production schedule and operates Enterprise Server Systems. Assists with Server installations and setups.
- Processes work requests and prioritizes tasks maintaining records of completed tasks. Create, test, manage, troubleshoot and maintain documentation including: checklists for image creation, driver versions per image, image updates in progress and required.
- Researches and determines appropriate need for workstation hardware, software, printer and copier; provides recommendations on the purchase of hardware, software and peripherals and maintains contact with technology vendors.
- Assures compliance with technical standards and software copyright laws; assures adherence to safety codes and regulations applicable to working with high voltage.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records, logs and reports concerning work procedures, materials, parts, inventory and the repair and maintenance of equipment and software. Evaluate equipment to determine whether to repair in-house, send out, or surplus.
- Communicates with other departments and staff to determine their technology needs and provides solutions.
- Train team members in technical areas to improve skills. Develop, conduct and provide technical training and assistance for technical staff and end users; writes and updates technical and user documentation.
- Learns and applies emerging technologies and advances as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
- Deliver, assemble and install instructional media equipment; assure that multimedia systems are properly installed and functioning correctly.
- Performs a variety of skilled and technical duties related to the troubleshooting, repair and adjustment of multimedia systems and other computer equipment.
- Participate in District/College efforts to increase the diversity of faculty and staff and to address student achievement gaps; active assistance in the creation of a welcoming and inclusive work and educational environment; attend and participate in diversity, equity and inclusion trainings and events.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware and software; maintaining and installing local area network systems; and providing technical assistance and guidance to end users.
The IT Technician II maintains frequent contact with various District departments and personnel, vendors and outside contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current computer hardware, software and related peripherals
- Knowledge of various computer software applications
- Knowledge of video conference equipment
- Knowledge of the District telephone system, maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of web page creation, publication and maintenance
- Knowledge of principles and practices of electronics as related to computer hardware and peripherals
- Knowledge of electronic theory and circuit analysis skills
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of training and providing technical instructions
- Knowledge of the correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt a certain course of action
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Ability to meet schedules and time lines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Coursework must be verifiable on a legible transcript.
- Two (2) years of college coursework in Computer Electronics, computer Sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience installing and maintaining hardware and software in a network environment.
- Commitment to diversity. All applicants must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff. The applicant must be able to demonstrate how their experience with these factors relates to successfully achieving the goals of the position.
- Prior experience in approaching work and interactions with colleagues and/or students in an equity minded manner. Ability to provide an inclusive and welcoming work/educational environment.
- The ability to address the needs of diverse student and/or employee populations.
- Demonstrated experience as a support technician or similar role in both Windows and Mac Desktops running Office 365 environment in a large Active Directory Domain.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Automation using PowerShell scripts and/or Power Automate.
- Knowledge and/or experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) concepts, practices, and procedures.
College or District information systems office environment; subject to lifting heavy boxes and equipment (up to 80 pounds unassisted); subject to repetitive bending, stooping and use of upper extremities; subject to exposure to electrical hazards.
Salary Range: $5,242 – $6,358 Per Month
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting Number: 2015413P
Open Date: 05/11/2020
Close Date: 5/26/2020
Special Instructions Summary: This is a classified position subject to a one-year probationary period. Initial salary placement will be determined by the Office of Human Resources in accordance with Board Policy and is not negotiable. The applicant selected for the position will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act. NOCCCD will not sponsor any visa applications.
The District may choose to fill one or more positions from this recruitment within the same fiscal year or 8 months, whichever is longer.
To ensure consistency and fairness to all applicants, please do not submit materials in addition to those requested. Additional materials will not be considered or returned. Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions which may not apply, indicate N/A (not applicable). Do not use terms such as see resume or see attached.
The minimum required number of references for this position is three (3).
All applications will be screened under a process of utmost confidentiality by a committee of representatives from the college community. Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
Reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities may be requested by calling (714) 808-4810 at least three business days in advance of the scheduled examination/interview date.
Evaluations of foreign degrees and/or coursework are required. See our website at http://www.nocccd.edu/minimum-qualifications for information regarding evaluation of foreign degrees.
To apply, visit: https://nocccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/4154
THE NORTH ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.