: United States-Virginia-Arlington
: 1st Shift
The Joint Services Provider (JSP) program is searching for a Fusion Analyst to join their team in Arlington, VA.
The Joint Service Provider (JSP) program provides a full range of information technology products, services, solutions and customer support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), the Director of Administration (DA), the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), the Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) and other various OSD offices to meet mission and business requirements.
Through the accomplishments of the DCO IDM program (formerly known as the Computer Network Defense (CND) Program), JSP performs a wide variety of cybersecurity services and functions required to assure the operational, physical, and information security posture for Department of Defense (DOD) Services within CONUS and OCONUS.
The scopes of the DCO IDM tasks are functionally grouped by End Point Security, Network Security, and Incident Handling.
As a Fusion Analyst you will conduct cyber incident and event monitoring and disseminate and report cyber-related activity data.
• Demonstrate experience in IC reporting of cyber threats;
• Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of network traffic and communications, including known ports and services.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of the Windows operating system, knowledge in various Linux distributions and the Unix framework;
• Demonstrates knowledge of the following security related technologies: IPS, IDS, SIEM, firewalls, DNS, encryption, HIDS, NIDS, proxies, Network Packet Analyzers, malware analysis, forensic tools, and enterprise level appliances.
• Demonstrate an understanding of various open source and commercial analysis tools used for incident analysis, both network and host based
• Demonstrate expert-level knowledge and supervision of employees of various labor categories and skills in efforts similar in size and scope as this acquisition;
• Demonstrate understanding of DOD accreditation policies, processes, and practices.
• Demonstrate expert-level knowledge in planning, directing, and managing Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) operations in an organization similar in size to this acquisition;
• Expert proficiency in conducting research and analysis, compiling relevant all source intelligence to incorporate in products briefings;
• Demonstrate the capability to deliver presentations to senior leaders and in a conference setting;
• Demonstrate expert ability to analyze and identify relationships and trends between incidents in the short term and patterns across incidents in the long term and report trend analysis in quarterly and yearly trend analysis reports;
• Demonstrate the expert ability to write detailed technical reports that can be consumed by multiple types of consumers;
• Demonstrate the capability to mentor junior analysts to incorporate intelligence into incident reporting to show relationships to known actors and significance of activity related to known world events;
• Demonstrate expert ability to extract actionable information and indicators from intelligence reporting and articulate to network defenders to update network security posture
BS degree in a technical field with 2 years OR 6 years in lieu of degree
2 years of Incident Response experience within DoD or IC environment
CEH, Sec+, CND-IR, GCIA or GCIH certification
DoD 8570 IAT Level III CND Analyst certification or ability to become compliant within six months
DoD 8570 IAT Level III CND Analyst certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.