Location: District of Columbia, Washington
The successful candidate will provide Cyber Security Analysis, which include:
- Monitoring indicators and warnings of threats and potential threats to voice, video, and data networks and associated systems;
- Reports and documents on business use cases, the creation and maintenance ArcSight rule sets, channels, and customized views;
- Short and Long-term security event trend analysis performed on a regular basis using Splunk, FireEye, and a dozen other cyber security tools;
- Analyze traffic flows, system logs, etc.;
- Identify potential IT security incidents, assemble indicators to support conclusions, and work with customers to remediate findings;
- Participate in ongoing cyber security training with other 24×7 team members to promote security awareness and improve operational awareness and efficiency.
- At least two (2) years of related experience and/or training in the field of IT security monitoring and analysis, cyber threat analysis, vulnerability analysis, or similar cyber security related field;
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching. Hands-on experience using tcpdump or wireshark is a plus.
- Hands-on experience performing traffic analysis, intrusion analysis and detection. Possess the ability to recognize publicly known attack traffic patterns.
- Hands-on experience with any of the IDS tools we use in-house is a plus. (ArcSight, Splunk, FireEye, Carbon Black, Bit9, Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP), AirTight (Mojo), Snort, Intel/McAfee IDS)
- U.S. Citizenship
For more than 35 years, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) has been solving some of the Nation’s most complex National Security challenges. Defense, Intelligence Community, Special Operations Forces, Homeland Security and Federal agencies rely on our advanced engineering services and product solutions to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world. Join MacB where you will work a with team of highly experienced professionals in the areas of Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Research Development Test and Evaluation, Information Operations, fabrication, IT solutions, Logistics and Acquisition Management. MacB has won multiple workplace awards, offers generous salaries and benefits, and has outstanding growth opportunities.