The MIL Corporation seeks Jr. Cyber Security Specialists to support a Federal Government client at our Lexington Park, MD 20653 location. MIL Cyber is seeking innovative engineers and analysts with a passion for solving challenging problems in the areas of cybersecurity. MIL is approaching problems in cybersecurity that present unique opportunities to support the defense of our nation’s critical infrastructure, support our nation’s forces and emergency responders, and advance capabilities of our government, military and private sector clients.
Areas of focus include: Cyber Threat Emulation; Incident Response and Handling; Technical Vulnerability Analysis, Assessments, and Remediation; Information Assurance and Risk Management Framework Support; Technical Vulnerability Test and Evaluation; Modeling and Simulation; Reverse Engineering; Digital Forensics; Industrial Control Systems and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition; Non-Internet Protocol Based Networks and Systems.
• Analyze systems on client’s network to identify vulnerabilities, anomalous network behavior, compromised network hardware, and malware
• Provide prioritized recommendations to either remove or mitigate issues detected, helping to harden and defend the client’s network
• Utilize commercial, open-source and internal, custom-built tools and techniques
• Aid the client in implementing many of the corresponding countermeasures
• Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
• Recognize potential, successful and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering -OR- AA/AS and in the process of obtaining BS degree
• Basic understanding of operating systems, networks, software security, malware, and/or encryption algorithms and technologies
• Ability to pick up and master new concepts and technologies quickly
• Broad understanding of operating systems, networks, network security, software security, and/or encryption algorithms and technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• DoD 8140.01 certification or the ability to obtain certification
• Possess current Secret clearance
AA/AS and working toward BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
All applicants for this position must be able to pass a Security Background Investigation and be granted access to classified information; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CB #CJP