The Jr. Information Security Analyst will report to the Information Security Supervisor and would be accountable for assisting in the design, monitoring, and administration of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) controls for MidSouth Bank. The Jr. Information Security Analyst would be accountable for all duties as assigned by the Information Security Supervisor and bank management including other Information Security functions. The Jr. Information Security Analyst is accountable for critical thinking, maintaining proficiency in IT Security related knowledge, and ensuring compliance with all bank directives.
1. Responsible for the identity and access management program, processes, and periodic review of rights and actions.
2. Analyzes the integrity of changes made to the bank’s network through the Patch Management program, Change Management Program, user access changes, and system modification.
3. Ensure that service providers implement appropriate measures designed to protect against unauthorized access to or use of customer information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any customers.
4. Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
5. Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
6. A Role model in the performance of IT Security related activities.
7. Maintaining compliance with
a.All bank requirements;
b.Federal and state laws;
d.Annual Training requirements;
e.All other requirements, directives, and activities of MidSouth Bank.
8.Adept at critically thinking about complex situations and topics.
9.Ability to work flexible hours. While on-call, receives and must facilitate all after-hour/weekend support requests.
10. All other duties, as assigned by the Information Security Supervisor and members of management.
• Associate Degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
• 2 year’s work experience preferred
• Security+ certification is preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal /consulting skills
• Ability to establish good working relationship with team members and colleagues
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively multitask
• Only applicants with the highest levels of integrity should apply.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk. The employee frequently is required use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)