Surface Duo 2 owners, you’re in for a big treat. June’s firmware update is now available for your device, and it is adding a ton of new features on top of the usual bug and security fixes. Here’s a look at what you’re getting after installation.
First up, Glance Bar now will show notifications for third-party conversation apps. Then, with the camera, you’ll get haptic feedback when you toggle the controls. Next, with Slim Pen 2, you’ll get automatic firmware updates via Bluetooth, as well as automatic pairing while inking on either screen. The final big new feature brings optimized charging to help reduce the effects of battery age, by charging the battery gradually overnight. Other stuff in this update can be seen below.
- Enables Device Firmware Configuration Interface (DFCI) support to control device usage.
- Improves device stability
- Improves system performance
- Improves touch responsiveness.
- Improves camera usability
- Improves in-app camera experience in dual-screen mode for applications with dynamic orientation requirements
There are no known issues, and you should get bumped to software version 2022.418.98 after installing. The original Surface Duo, meanwhile, got a separate OS update, but none of these features. It was mainly focused on the usual stability fixes as well as Android security patches.
Share This Post:
Original Source link