Leidos is seeking a motivated, adaptable security professional to join their penetration testing team in a junior role. The junior tester will assist the team on network, application, and wireless penetration testing engagements in the identification, exploitation, and reporting of security vulnerabilities.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (list daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities)
• Conduct full penetration tests of enterprise networks, web applications, mobile applications, and wireless networks.
• Perform additional security services for customers including social engineering campaigns, physical security tests, source code review, and online reconnaissance.
• Provide vulnerability context and remediation information to customers in detailed technical reports.
• Research evolving exploits, techniques, and tools in support of penetration testing efforts.
• Work as part of a team or independently when necessary.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: (list the “must have” requirements to be considered for hire)
• 2+ years experience in information security or related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics, or related field.
• High familiarity with Windows and UNIX environments at command line level.
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and commonly used ports.
• Experience with penetration testing tools such as nmap, Nessus, Kali, Metasploit, Nikto, Burpsuite, etc.
• Knowledge of common web application attacks such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, session hijacking, cross-site request forgery, etc.
• The ability to learn, study, and adapt to ever-changing vulnerabilities and testing methodologies.
• Strong written/oral communication and technical writing skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional “pluses or nice to have” skills/experience)
• Familiarity with OWASP and NIST risk and vulnerability structures.
• Relevant certifications such as GPEN, OSCP, etc.
• Advanced degree in an information security field.
• Programming skills in Python, Perl, Ruby, or other relevant languages.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company�s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company�s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.