Valiant Solutions is seeking a Junior Security Analyst to join our growing team supporting a large Government client in Washington, DC.
Valiant Solutions is a Cybersecurity company delivering cutting-edge security solutions to our Government clients specializing in Cloud Security, Security Operations and Engineering, and Federal GRC. This is your chance to work with a wide range of Security technologies supporting one of our security operations teams. You will be part of a team working to establish an Information Security framework and helping develop a comprehensive IT Security program at the agency level.
• Take an active role in Valiant’s Knowledge Centers and grow professional expertise in emerging cybersecurity tools and techniques.
• Analyze and defines security requirements for information protection
• Perform as a member of a team responsible for the development of agency wide security infrastructure to include:
· Information systems hardening policy design and hardening application to IT infrastructure
· Review and analysis of operational capabilities for IT Security stack
· Review and analysis of network and security monitoring and testing tools
· Perform and review vulnerability scanning; must be able to review results prioritize mitigation activities and make recommendations to system administrative staff
· Provide recommendations for the design, placement, function for elements of the IT security stack
• Be recognized by customers as a key contributor to project deliverables.
• Have experience or familiarity of NIST Policies, Governance, Security Planning and Architecture, FISMA Compliance, RMF, Incident Analysis, and General Security Best Practices and practical application of these methodologies
• Be able to execute with limited direction or conceptual direction, anticipates customer needs and proactively supports those needs.
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills to support customers, internal stakeholders, peers, and public audiences with an ability to succinctly relay information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Technical expertise of operational and security controls and security tool implementation.
• Experience developing and deploying security evaluation/monitoring tools such as Tenable Security Center, Nessus, Tripwire IP360 or SIEM tools such as Nitro, Archsight, AlienVault, Splunk
• Experience working in smaller project teams or task areas where quality standards are exceeded.
• Experience or familiarity with any of the following tools is preferred, but not required: Tenable Security Center, Bluecoat, FireEye EX or NX series, Varonis Data Advantage, McAfee Enterprise Security Manager
· Experience with the design, review or analysis of network infrastructure
· Experience with the design, review and hardening of information systems; such as Windows, Linux/Unix, web application servers, routers/switches, databases
Required Experience and Education:
• Three years of technical experience in running, managing, designing, monitoring or otherwise operating system security tools for the protection of sensitive or classified information.
· Understanding of network infrastructure and server operational requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or additional two years of industry experience
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. As named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc5000 and Best Places to Work in the DC area by WBJ, Valiant Solutions provides its employees with great benefits and opportunities for advancement. At the same time, we understand that our employees need the right balance between professional growth and personal life. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the mission they support and are committed to the customers they serve. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
· 99% Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
· 100% Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
· 100% Paid Certifications
· 401K Matching up to 4%
· Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
· Public Transit and Reimbursement for Parking
· FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent care, Transit, and Parking
· Referral Bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
· Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
· Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
· Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
· The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
- Hackers Just Stole Another $180K in Ether From Cryptopia Exchange
- Police Hardly Able to Solve Cryptopia Hack Case. Police: Hackers Never Came Back for Second Attack
- $140K – $150K!! Information Security TS/SCI CISSP, CISA, CISM
- Learn How To Get Rich In Cyber Security
- Why All IT Mangers, CTO’s and CIO Should Take Lie Detectors Test