Position Description: Responsible for supporting the day-to-day cyber security and information assurance functions of the Veterans Appeals Control and Locator System (VACOLS) Project. Duties include creating, reviewing, and maintaining system security documentation and associated artifacts such as dataflow and boundary diagrams. Review results of vulnerability scanning tools such as WASA and Fortify, and make recommendations for how to resolve findings. Assist in the development of Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M) for security issues which cannot be addressed in the normal monthly maintenance cycle. Assist in the drafting or security documents such as Risk Based Decision Memorandums, Memorandums of Understanding and Agreement, Interface Control Documents. Evaluate proposed system design changes and asses the impacts on the VACOLs Authority to Operate (ATO). This is an entry level position for a junior security analyst with the opportunity to advance based on performance.
Full Time Position
- Experienced NIST and FISMA security requirements and compliance standards
- Experienced with Security Vulnerability Scanning Tools
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must have or able to attain a security clearance (background check).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with the Powerbuilder Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Honorably Discharged U.S. Military Veteran
- Active VA Clearance
- Experience with the IBM JAZZ platform and IBM Rational Suite
- Experience with VACOLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college
About Us: Insignia provides information technology services and solutions by adding value based upon industry standards, methodologies, processes and high performing teams that provide quality, effectiveservices and solutions specializing in full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) support of complex, enterprise-class IT systems